2023 Summer Transfer Window

Some amount of wasted money here.

Yet @BruidheanChaorthainn thinks Boehly is a very shrewd fella.

1 Like

Between Olise and Lavia, heā€™s just about to fire out another 100m. Could do with buying a goalscorer

But he created a massive loop hole in ffp.

I think theyā€™re actually changing the rules.

I donā€™t really see any disasters there that he hasnā€™t sold on for decent Money either.

Iā€™ve heard of a handful of them. TBF thatā€™s probably more a me thing

Giving lads who might break their legs tomorrow and never recover, or get fat and lazy, or just turn out to be a bit shit, 8 year deals on massive money is not a loop hole.

1 Like

Heā€™s shifted on a few of them to Saudi as well.

Heā€™s done much better with player sales than man United have done in ten years or so.

I also think all of a sudden Chelsea look to have the nucleus of an extremely good team.

Need to sort keeper but poch could do very well with them.

Then why did they change it to try and stop him?

He isnā€™t paying them huge wages either.

Youā€™ll always have a few duds but if enzo turns out the be top class or whoever than teams will have to break the bank to sign them.

Itā€™s a calculated risk.

4 year contracts are more risky

Or they turn out to be Phil Jones and Harry Maguire and just sit there collecting their salary forever

Sure the Thiago transfer deal for Liverpool is a disaster. He got four years at huge money when a terrible injury history.

I donā€™t see how caicedo on 8 years is any way a bigger risk given heā€™s 22.

Harry Kane on a four year deal at 30 as well.

Chelsea have produced some decent home grown talent too who they seem to be able to sell for ok money.

What heā€™s done is smart enough.

Thereā€™s no rhyme nor reason to their recruitment. A very scattergun approach which left them with a squad of 33 last season. They had players changing in another room and a very bad dynamic. Theyā€™ve spent a billion and still donā€™t have anything resembling a goalscorer. Whatā€™s the strong nucleus you see there? All I see is a good central midfield of Enzo, Caicedo and Lavia. The rest of the team is average.

Bitter Liverpool supporter yells at cloud

3 Likes

Thiago Silva is still top class even though heā€™s nearly as auld as myself.

The full/wing backs are decent but a bit brittle. They donā€™t have a good keeper and their attacking options are poor.

Iā€™ve never (at least consciously) seen either Moses Caicedo or Romeo Lavia play football.

Itā€™s possible I have half watched games theyā€™ve played in which their existence didnā€™t register with me.

Theyā€™ve only spent a billion though. Just need an extra investment push to get thst goalie, centre halves and striker they need tobpush for top 4.

Brighton CEO says it will be 5 years before they sell Fergusson, bohs would get nothing then

1 Like

Not all bad news so

4 Likes

united didnā€™t have Saudi Arabia you tulip

Aymeric Laporte off to Al-Nassr