2023 Summer Transfer Window

Coach Klopp made us dream.

Lads obsessed with destinations will never enjoy the journey. The trophies are a nice bonus but the memories are eternal.

My favourite was the Barcelona come back I think, the year we won the European Cup again.

The hammerings of the Red Devils were also funny as was dumping out Pep and his unlimited resources.

We’ll be back.

2 Likes

Editing….

eh, Liverpool were founded on slavery so have always been the state club

I think we’ll need to define what a “great team” is so. If winning a couple of league titles in a diddy league like Germany and spending £750 million pound to win 1 league and 1 champions league in 7 years with the 2nd biggest club in England can be defined as great then I’ll throw my hat at it.

agreed

1 Like

I think you’re on record as calling George Best great. He won two leagues in eleven years at the second biggest club in Manchester.

Would you like to withdraw your claim for Best’s greatness given your post above.

You really have a way of putting things mate. It’s hard to argue with.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

There was a European Cup in there as well.

Ok. 2 leagues and a European Cup.

Jurgen Klopp winning the lot against the head with a meagre budget has rightly riled a few fellas here. The memories made along the way will last a lifetime. The time we stood on the Kop with @caulifloweredneanderthal as Fabio lad broke Newcastle hearts was iconic.

3 Likes

Klopps Liverpool can’t be regarded as a great team unless they can win another league or CL. They’ve been good, very good but the trophy haul isn’t enough.

thought he lost the europa final mate? what it, 1 in 7 wins in European finals*?

*against spurs

2 Likes

Klopps net spend is 183m in 8 years. That’s 22m a season… Fantastic when you think of it.

1 Like

Excellent if bizarre movement of goalposts from team to player.
Diego Maradona only won the 2 leagues with Napoli mate. Didnt even win it with Barca. Would you consider him a great?

I didn’t define greatness by reference to trophies. You’ll have to ask @Horsebox

He brought it up.

I’d consider Diego a great notwithstanding the lack of trophies.

And a Ballon d’Or. And rode more Miss Worlds than you’ve had hot dinners. No, I’m happy enough with my greatness label for Best thank you very much.

I’ve dismantled your argument in one move.

I’ll rest up now.

The Spurs asterix will always eat away at the footix Scousers. They’d never admit it of course but they know, deep down they know.

1 Like

What’s this bud?

6 Asterixs