2024/2025 Premier League - The Drive for 5

Thomas Frank is always so refreshing to listen to.

1 Like

Nominative determinism?

1 Like

A quick google for me there.

I wouldn’t say ‘frank’ more ‘refreshingly honest’.

3 Likes

That sounds frank. Thomas Frank is a better name than Thomas Refreshingly Honest. Thomas has expressed doubts about whether Ivan Toney will stay at Brentford which makes him a Doubting Thomas. He was wearing a silk shirt at the League Manager’s Association do which makes him Silken Thomas. If Ivan Toney goes to Saudi Arabia he will be Ivan The Terrible.

Andrew Bree is a big fan of French cheese and I don’t know why he didn’t celebrate Daniel Wiffen’s gold medal by bringing in some wine and brie, it would created some great camemberterie in the studio.

1 Like

You’re wasted on here.

I foresee this being a tremenjusly boring season in general. The league has lost a lot of character-rich furniture recently and there doesn’t seem to be much in the way of replacements. It’s all very faceless and clinical.

I’d imagine some of the rare warm and homely pieces of furniture that remain such as Harry Maguire, Darwin Nunez, Jack Grealish and Big Ange aren’t long for the league either.

The league is basically depending on Mr. Slot’s personality to keep up any interest.

Jack Grealish will probably end up at Rangers.

He’ll warm the bench with Abu Dhabi until 2026 then get a cut price move to Roma where he will stay for two years before moving to West Bromwich Albion in 2028 and then Inter Miami in 2029.

Money ruins pretty much all sports. It took much longer to ruin soccer because of the scale of it but it’s eventually been ruined too.

Barcelona might be interesting with a team of young lads on the continent.

Round about the time the “big clubs” began to try and pull up the ladder. Good enough for them all

https://twitter.com/TommyMartinVM/status/1829106770263847240

Hard believe Sterling is at Arsenal, joins an elite group of players to have played with the big 4 clubs.

1 Like

Relying on the personality of a Dutch man to keep the show on the road. That is fairly choppy waters.

Psycho Sids theme blaring out at the Emirates :clap:

Haha away and fuck Rice

Rice getting a red card

Rice sent off, he has a warm welcome to look forward to next Saturday in Dublin now.

1 Like

Rice has been rode here, which makes it even better

Declan rice is one of the most unlikeable players I’ve ever came cross.

1 Like

Right up there with Pickford and Foden.

That fact that he’s wildly overrated only intensifies it