2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Fair play, god loves a trier

Nasty stuff

For all their talk about developing their game it’s basically just lateral passes in their own half which is good but they still struggle to stick pass through the lines.
Having Paddy Deegan at midfield lends itself to that.

1 Like

Clare let them go short from their puckouts into the wind second half and they didn’t know what to do. A few passes around the back and then someone wellies it forward

I thought it was blowing more across the field into the Cusack in the first half but it must have shifted to blowing down into the Hill for the second half. It’s always hard to tell which way it’s swirling around but it had a pronounced effect as the game went on.

I was in the Lower Hogan and didn’t feel much of a breeze at all. It was quite obvious it was there though.

Missed most of the league through injury and hasn’t got going since coming back. Had a great final last year but he’s not the most consistent.

1 Like

Me man in Briodys tells me there’s 150 from limerick landing there tomorrow. Expect some Luas southbound delays

He’s fucking brutal, listen to the banner roar, courage, character over and over. I had to put on BBC

5 Likes

We have no short puck out strategy. Murphy hits it to whoever is free and that’s it. Second ball is normally Reid lamping 80 yards. Very easy to defend against.
Murphy’s delivery is poor, lamped it 3/4 times to lads feet.

Do U think it’s impossible?
Look at the number’s
We hold a damm site more than Limerick will ever have ,
Ohh and a double that ye can never ever hope to achieve,so don’t be too cocky little man,
Wheel keeps turning,it’ll turn on Limerick some day,so be prepared when it does.

2 Likes

Teams are caught between a rock and hard place. Do you pick a goalie for puckouts or shot stopper?

Outside of Quaid, there are none that can do both at an elite level.

Majority can’t do either

1 Like

Murphy has no mid range puck out, tried one to Wally that landed at his feet.

Quaid is so much more superior than him.

Cork will win by 5 plus tomorrow. We have blinding pace that is made for Croker and a very good spine. Our bench is deep, with lads that flourish as the game opens up. Hunger got Clare over the line today and is worth a few points to Cork tomorrow.

All empires must end and tomorrow another will fall.

Come on the rebels.

22 Likes

Id agree with that too.

A few random observations without watching it back -

The double goal chance in the first half probably should have been tapped over either time Quilligan stood up well to both efforts. From my vantage in the Cusack it looked like the second goal that the ball was trailing wide and Quilligan could well have left it off.

Hogan and Leen for two chaps are great bits of stuff.
Was it Cody who won a close in free just before half time before then getting it turned into a throw in for aping?

Cian Kenny til Taylor came on was excellent, Malone got through a lot of work but Kenny was everywhere. Neither Kelly or Deegan were all that prominent and cancelled each other out. Kelly still doesn’t look right, didn’t look to be able to cover ground like he was 12 months ago but still got three big scores. Could have had no complaints if he was first sub off though.
Taylor’s energy made a massive difference.

Maybe Mullen wasn’t right but Davy Mc dominated him, even in the first half when things weren’t going well Mc was holding things together with Malone and a couple of others.
Clare’s half backline really stood up in the second half.

Both sides really struggled playing into the canal end. Ball seemed to really hold up on direct deliveries.

Was surprised Aidan Mc started, he was much improved today but he doesn’t have the movement to be a consistent inside threat. But his free taking was flawless today and he worked his arse off.

Four or five times in the second half balls landed up between Kilkenny backs and Duggan and SOD and invariably they either won the tussle or slowed it down completely and fought like dogs. The workrate and sheer belligerence of the two of them without the ball is fantastic.

Brian Lohan is a great man who took over Clare hurling at its lowest ebb in 25 years and thoroughly deserves the opportunity to manage them in an all Ireland final.

19 Likes

Some call, hope you’re right . I can’t see them landing a blow on limerick

Yep that was Cody, Daly was cracking up at halftime that Kilkenny still got a point from the throw ball after the free was overturned.

1 Like

I think you’ll have your holes handed to you. Just think they are miles better than you. Don’t take any particular pleasure in it but cork are bang average and limerick beat bang average every day.

1 Like