2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

I’m going by Wicklow.

I actually am. Here for the night. Will get the Worlds slowest train up tomorrow to Connolly. Tis ideal.

Getting home might be a different story altogether. The Corks will have a right head start on us when they head off at half time.

Do the Cork crowd know Barry’s Hotel is closed? I know tis a while since ye were up in Croker.

@fenwaypark @Corksfinedtboy @gilgamboa @backinatracksuit and all the other Carkies. May the best team win.
Should be a cracker

9 Likes

I wouldn’t take the internet too seriously mate

Ah Shur lookit that’s the easy way out when you realise you’re letting yourself down isn’t it

Marty opened the commentary by saying there wasn’t a breath of wind, whilst in the centre of the camera you could see the umpires flags billowing at ground level.
Sometimes you wonder if he’s watching on Teletext.

11 Likes

Ah shur lookit I suppose tis only banter. We’ve all to get up for work in the morning.

TK could score ten from play in the final and hold up a sign saying “up you bollix @Batigol you cunt” as he collects the Liam McCarthy

3 Likes

It was quite blustery up there today

He’s done that multiple times this year. And then they come out and say “the wind must have picked up in the second half”.

An absolute simpleton.

3 Likes

“What do you think of that Batigol from the internet”

2 Likes

He had said a few mins before that there was a tough breeze blowing across the field. Very annoying because you can ignore him and watch the pictures for most things. But you can’t judge the breeze from the TV

I divide it up into Balls in and turnovers in the middle third/defensive half.
Obviously you count the forced turnovers but you surely have to count the balls that are collected by the spare half back that usually end up in a score at the other end.

Saturday 3/8. You may as well wait until 6pm tomorrow.

1 Like

From memory Hogans turnovers we’re nearly all 50/50

Be some bank holiday

1 Like

For Cody’s goal he started out at midfield and ran halfway across the field to create space, Hogan took him on everytime

At one stage Clare were given an advantage in their cornerback position, they drove the ball upfield about 4 seconds after the foul straight to a Kilkenny man and Marty was wondering why the free wasn’t from where the ball landed

He spends the afternoon telling us the Clare players clubs, never mentions the Kilkenny clubs

O’Donnell will give a simple hand pass to a runner and you’d think he’s after reinventing the game there and then

1 Like

The commentary is very tired. When’s the last time a new person got a go at it.

A commentator with a bit of enthusiasm improves the viewers perception of a game

No that ball was played instantaneously, were you watching the game?

They are all “Balls in”, not necessarily turnovers in my book.

I was at the league final and Lyng actually moved Cody out the field as he was getting a cleaning, the first half miracle goal probably meant he felt he couldn’t make that change today.

Cody relies a bit on his pace and Hogan is faster than him. KK may have been better off to put a more physical player in on him and hit long diagonals rather than low balls down the line.

Nah, I just made all that up based on the radio commentary I heard :no_mouth:……Marty

Kilkenny completely fucked him too though.

The ball into him second half was backs ball all day.

It’s like they couldn’t compute there was a wind and they had to play different