2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

“Come on the lillyreds”

4 Likes

How was Sligo?

Just getting on the train here in Portlaoise

7 Likes

One other weird thing yesterday, Kilkenny continually would drop 4 players into their full backline for their own puckouts with Deegan in the first half and Reid in the second. Considering Clare were not pushing up on them it seemed fairly odd that they persevered with it throughout.

1 Like

They had no ideas at all

1 Like

You’d have your pitch chart for that - all turnovers lost visible on an XY chart in the graphic of a pitch essentially. So you have the location of the turnover and the method of the turnover. It’s ideal.

You’d have your totals then in your raw data.

Did Lawlor get a bit of a toasting yesterday?

I wouldn’t say roasting but Clare got him away from the edge of the square a nice bit. He was dragged into positions he’s doesn’t want to be in.

Truth be told it was a very poor performance Kilkennys management.

In the first half, Blanchfield and Carey were hugely prominent, hurling loads of ball and Reid wasn’t tested at all and was able to hit the full-forward line from deep with the wind.

In the second half, none of them featured much, Clare started to win the breaks they had been losing and played a smarter game.

Reid still got on plenty of ball but was just doing the same thing as he did in the first half from the same position which resulted in really shit ball landing much further from goal. No wonder Conlon & Hogan were cleaning up.

They really needed a player to carry through the middle or get more ball to the likes of Cian Kenny. Wally used to do that but I don’t think he made one run with the ball yesterday.

Awful. The tactics in the second half beggared belief.

And I’m thinking to myself we’ve meet
Two bad Galway and Kilkenny sides the past two years. Badly coached as well as short players.

I think we are meeting a different animal today. It’s imperative Limerick gets the start right today. Cork will surely be ravenous from the off.

Cork never feared Limerick, and are BACK, and have Corkness. We’ve a big task

Watching it back here, it won’t be a second half he looks back too fondly on. Lot of scores came off the man he was detailed to. Tough to defend when the ball and movement are right though.

1 Like

I think the first 20 minutes will be key. Our semi final efforts in 22 and 23 will not be good enough today.

We have to end this before it begins or else it’ll be very difficult.

Cork will hurl with abandonment from the off and will be coming like waves. This won’t like a moody effort like we have seen versus Galway.

Cliche bingo card marked in full in just two posts :+1:

2 Likes

In the back of my head the keeper is an issue for cork and I’m not sold on their management either but Id be very surprised if cork don’t really turn up in a big way today.

Limerick have had three semi finals like this in 19,22 and 23 and then didn’t hurl early doors at all.

If that happens today it’ll be good luck and thanks. We will need a huge start today and suck the life out of cork.

If cork get a head of steam it won’t be easy peg them back.

1 Like

It’ll be difficult regardless. Very little between these two teams over the last couple of meetings.

If it’s Cork it’s an easy call to start him. If it’s Limerick I really don’t know. He doesn’t have the stomach for what you need to bring against the Limerick HB line. Maybe you take a chance on giving him the last 20?

It was amazing to see the difference when we finally had cavalry to bring in to the middle of the field. First time in Lohan’s entire tenure he’s had that option and it won the game for us.

He loses almost every 50-50 ball and some days he picks and chooses when to work.

I don’t believe Limerick are going any slow or less than full tilt early on.

They just maintain a relentless pace and other teams fall away after 40 minutes or so.

Same as Kilkenny in their Mic Cristopher days.

1 Like