2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

That’s the problem. When Clare were competitive Kelly carried it to Limerick nearly single handedly. 2 points from Kelly doesn’t cut it. He missed a few frees also. He wasn’t himself luckily for Limerick.

He was also usually playing further out the field in those games. I assume he didn’t have the fitness for that on Sunday.

Kelly and sod scored 4 points from play, gillane and lynch only 1.
Lynch wasn’t even setting up scores like he usually does. He was easily the worst player on the limerick team.

Gillane won at least two frees as well and set up a couple of scores.

I’m just comparing point though when our best players don’t play we’ve other lads to step up.

We aren’t relying on any two forwards but Clare still.

When your half back line can score 6 or 7 points it’s all the wan.

I think he got 3 or 4 but i agree he wasn’t himself. He will probably improve the next day. It was a long lay off. Ryan Taylor’s pace a big loss to Clare too.

@Halfpipe I agree with most of what you are saying here but what would you interpret as a tackle ‘on the ball’ as per the rule book

Any tackle aimed at the ball, if as part of that you drive through a fella or slap him with the hurl it is play on as long as you were clearly playing the ball. I know fellas think hurling is an ‘evasion’ sport, but I’d always understood it to be more a contact sport and a sport of skill.
There are some fellas new to the sport so confused they think Byrnes should have been penalised here for charging with the ball, that’s where we are at.
https://twitter.com/martin_dooley/status/1799838396464111814?s=46

1 Like

You’re a saint of a man but you’re at nothing trying to educate the savages. They don’t want hurling, they want rugby

5 Likes

All Ireland winner’s Aidan Harte and Brian Carroll laughed at you.

Seems you don’t understand what a charge is.

It’s strange. He sleeps with the rule book but doesn’t understand the rules.

When did Brian Carroll win an All-Ireland? You assumed Coolderry won the All-Ireland that time in 2011-12?

@Kyle only started follying the hurling in 2018.

10 Likes
  1. The win got me in.

I lazily guessed he was on the panel in 98… I remember him being around early 00s but i wouldn’t pay much heed to Leinster teams or players if I’m being honest. I rarely watch any Leinster ball.

He still laughed @Halfpipe

A lovely humblebrag about beating Kilkenny minors by 10 points in 2007 after one of the Dublin fathers said they wouldn’t keep it pucked out to them. He’d also have raised the blood levels of any Limerick listeners with his gushing praise of Dalo’s role in their meteoric rise. Fairly sure he came in just after the golden generation had finished minor and only really had an influence on Kyle Hayes age group.

1 Like

Joe is an absolute master of the humblebrag.

1 Like

A grand one about beating Crumlin by 40 points in the league with Ballyboden too. The same Crumlin team had beaten them in championship the year before his arrival. He won 48 out of 52 championship games there apparently.

Boasting about beating Crumlin is like boasting about beating Laois.

4 Likes