2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Joe does manage to make everything about himself but in a sort of likeable way. A bit like Rob the racist without the racism.

2 Likes

Yeah he always goes on about ‘when I was with Boden we did this’ or ‘i was involved with this guy with the Dublin u21’s’, but its all very unassuming.

2 Likes

He’d make a great politician , everywhere he went there was great times with great people .

He paid extra and has 20-24 vision now

1 Like

Very interesting to hear Aidan Harte and Brian Carroll call it out as diving by Kelly and a sympathy free … They said no one in the whole stadium thought it was a free

@Halfpipe and @BruidheanChaorthainn

I dunno why you are tagging me.

I said I’m not sure of the specific rule. I’d imagine very few in the stadium not the rule but what I said is it should be a free.

If you want to watch that go watch rugby.

1 Like

cc @Aertel220

1 Like

Charging is a free. That’s the rule. Kelly should have been penalised.

1 Like

No I’m saying change the rules if that’s not a free. Sorry if that wasn’t clear.

I’d be interested to see shoulder to shoulder only contacts.

In force steps rules.

We might see more old school and skilful defending.

We’ve lost that. Teams are nearly defending in numbers now.

That is rubbish. You can’t allow a player in possession to charge the defenders space

1 Like

Fellas might learn to flick a ball of a Hurley again.

I’d like to see it trialed.

The ball in time play in hurling is plummeting too. Nearly every free blown to the resulting puck out being hit your talking 50 seconds being used up. How many frees are hit dead now in a game. At least 20 or so.

It’s more stop start than American football.

1 Like

How many times do I have to explain this basic rule on this site?

The Down lad won’t like that

I listened there to 30 seconds I could go any further. Colm Parkinson hates hurling.

They love the game up there. They’re doing savage work.

The standard Kelly is judged against is mad. The man is a veteran at this stage and battling injury yet no Limerick forward scored more points from play than him last Sunday and only 1 Clare forward did

He had a fine match

4 Likes

Very true.

The output of lynch and gillane compared to Kelly and sod wasn’t a whole pile different at the weekend.

The big difference is the supporting cast. You could hold lynch and gillane and still get hammered. If you hold Kelly and sod you’ll almost certainly beat Clare.

1 Like

Agreed. If Kelly doesn’t come close to beating Limerick on his own he is deemed to have had a poor game.

I agree with you - and it’s understandable he’s just back from injury , if even - but that’s his standards. He had a few poor wides and was particularly spiky and looked visibly frustrated. Lynch also had a quiet game by his standards as I mentioned elsewhere.

This. The Limerick lad takes a couple of steps into the Clare player. He wasn’t holding his ground.

3 Likes