2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Funnily enough, the biggest individual intervention in denying Limerick the 5 in a row was possibly that of a Tipperary player, the Alan Tynan dive for the equalising point against Waterford. If Waterford had held on there, Cork were out of the championship. That will surely give @peddlerscross and @carryharry a lot of solace in an otherwise tough year for Tipperary.

Watching Kilkenny, Clare and Galway against Limerick in the business end these last few years reminded me a bit of watching a tidy player like David Ferrer trying to topple Rafael Nadal on clay. A similar type game, but you are never going to topple the top dog playing it in their terms. Cork asked awkward questions and posed a different challenge.

8 Likes

Tipperary will always be relevant.

7 Likes

Very astute post, Limerick might also have been better not winning that record Munster with the path Clare got. Funny old game.

The god telpis is trying to unload years of frustration here leave him burn himself out, he will still be the head off Buzz O’ Donnell in the morning :grin:

There’s drink on board

2 Likes

How much have you had celebrating?

The big day is this Saturday coming. No liquor will pass my beál until then

Rubby match?

I’m sure there’s one coming up for you, but just give it a few days first

2 Likes

Only in the door after a few shandies on the way home. Exiled in Dublin unfortunately but at least we went out on our shield. It probably has been asked and answered but when training starts back in October what will the LK management and panel look like? I think we’ll scrape another all Ireland or two in the next few years but a lot of lads, players and management have a lot of miles on the clock. Maybe more for the Limerick thread. Cork had their homework done today. I’m in the Costa del Clare for the final weekend at a family gig so that will be interesting😀

3 Likes

Limerick have also done 6 in a row in Munster after our no show in the round robin game v Waterford last year.

Said it the day he went down injured, he’s the difference when things are tight. Well done cork btw and good luck in the final

1 Like

It probably was a Tipp player. But it was Maher doing Casey’s ankle, by accident.

But we missed him today

1 Like

Id have loved to share a pint witb you pal. One of the good guys

1 Like

I just know proud Douglas man @Kyle @ChocolateMice is somewhere now with a big smile on his face after that win.

3 Likes

Finally home after a nice few shandies with a few of my fellow Limerick exiles in the capital. For me this defeat feels nowhere near as bad as the loss in the 2019 semi, then we were striving to do back to back and prove 2018 wasn’t a flash in the pan. The years after that proved beyond doubt we weren’t and went beyond our wildest dreams. I’v said many times on here August 19th 2018 would have been enough for me but what we got brought us to heights we couldn’t imagine. For me now is not the time to analyse individual performances on the day, it was a game of fine margins. We have good players coming through and every chance we’l win another.

I said earlier this year I firmly believed we’d do 5 in a row, we haven’t and thats the beauty of sport, the wheel always turns. Cork were brilliant today, fully deserving victory and I would love to see them win it now. I have no problem saying I personally doubted whether some of these Cork players were up to it when it came to a battle but they have more than shown they are. Clare will fancy their chances though and here’s hoping its a great final to match the games of 2013.

11 Likes

Son

2 Likes

If ye won another one it will be your best one…I wouldn’t be so sure…I think it has looked all year like the milage has caught up with Limerick…the games are one thing but the training must be brutal as well to have had them in that shape for 7 seasons

3 Likes

Kobe Bryant GIF

We go again.

1 Like

Cork will go on now to contenders for next 5 years.

Clare now win the AI that Lohan needs.