2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

The booing is one thing, that’s an attempt to put off the free taker

What grinds my gears is supporters cheering wides in games that are long over as contests

If it was in the US the game on Sunday would have been stopped for Horgan to be presented with something after the 700 point

Sorry, I don’t understand this? :man_shrugging:

Shane O Donnell and Tony Kelly like this.

For the booing and jeering nothing comes close to the Offaly crowd. Right from the throw-in jeering minors and u20s. It’s horrible and will do them no favours.

1 Like

Clare is a bad match up for Cork. They have plenty of pace.

2 Likes

People had to be removed from the 17s all Ireland the abuse got so bad.

They’re some shower.

What really grinds my gears of late in club games, is players giving it the big licks when their teammate kicks a point. Roaring like lepjacks as it sails over. Mostly prevalent in football I find. Its very strange behaviour.

When we went up to the aisf against Tyrone (lost after a brilliant first half) in the mid nineties, we asked a garda could we go in the hill.
“You could”, he said “but I wouldn’t if I was ye” (it being full of pissed up tyronies).
We went to the canal end.

1 Like

Cork 8/11 Clare 6/4

Limerick were bet. Blaming boo boys won’t change it. Time to move on.

1 Like

Cork are priced up on one match. Clare are overpriced.

3 Likes

I’m a big fan of Horgan, but on this occasion I don’t believe he did. Snap decision though, and I’m well aware it’s easy from the couch.

Clare will relish it. All the talk is about Cork now. Cork will need to be as good as Sunday to win it.

2 Likes

Hopefully a handful from Clare decide it’s worth attending at least.

A few observations on the overnight posts:

People are more badly behaved in crowds over recent years. I’ve noticed it with our own level of bandwagoners, most of whom wouldn’t recognise half the team with their helmets. A lot of it is down to drink. I’ve said before that the demise of a decent curtain-raiser before games has led to numerous health and safety issues. With a minor or intermediate game you’d have 50-60% of the crowd in place by the second half of it.

Take this year’s Munster Final, for example. Played at 4pm on a day when there was no other competing event and between 2 counties with easy train access to the venue. People have all day to get tanked up and rush the gates 10 or 15 minutes before throw-in. Why wasn’t the game fixed for 2pm? With all respect to camogie nobody bar the small following of whatever two teams are playing wants to watch it. The only ground I went into early this year was Ennis because it was unreserved seating and I never drink before games.

The rise in booing is a by-product of the above. All counties are at it. All counties have their event junkies too.

On the paying into the terrace issue I’m reminded of a friend of mine from Clare who started with the Civil Service in Dublin around the late70’s/early 80’s. It was the old Croke Park and he was told by a colleague to knock on a blue timber door near the corner of the old Hogan Stand and have a fiver handy. He reckons he saw about 10 hurling and football All-Irelands this way and never had a ticket. The ould Dub on the door used make a fortune. The old Hogan had room to stand behind the last row of seats on either tier and he’d tip up there and count all the others standing their having paid the fiver to yer man.

Finally, is this the first time in history that 2 teams who have already been beaten twice in the championship are meeting in an All-Ireland hurling final?

3 Likes

It’s all kids though. Sure the Carkies booed Hego and Ciano in the league last year.

I actually think it’s a good watch, better and better. Id always go to the minor game though no matter who was playing. Saw a couple of brilliant games.

1 Like

Ah lovely…some of @thelimericks took their beating…some who believed hurling was born in 2018 didn’t

2 Likes

Too easy :smile:

You thought it was 50/30 in favourvof cork? Looked a lot more even from my vantage in the stadium. Always thought the cork fans were sound as a group. The cork contingent on here are the finest too, probably the fewest amount of headbangers too.