2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Maybe it had changed by that late stage. I think the 94 hurling final was the last final I stood on a terrace, the Canal End and that was fairly mixed between the two sets of supporters

Great to hear Anthony Daly call out the disgraceful boeing of free takers at the weekend.

He specifically mentioned the treatment diarmuid byrnes got off the cork fans too.

3 Likes

Are you still on about this?!

Dry your eyes

12 Likes

He’ll get some shock if he ever goes to a Dublin game in Croke Park and watches an opposition player take a free.

I was at that. Traffic was so bad we only got in for the second half. Twas feral

It’s almost like some lads are posting with a hidden agenda around here

1 Like

https://archive.md/2024.07.09-073051/https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-41432470.html

Good piece here from Seanie McGrath

1 Like

The Dubs just scream abuse wishing cancer on the opposition players, nothing too rash from the salt of the earth lads cc @maroonandwhite @binkybarnes

1 Like

8 year old with me Sunday had no issue sporting bamboo flag bigger than himself

I fucking hate those horns they sell tho, tormentors.

1 Like

I didn’t hear anything like that from the cork fans but their behaviour was an absolute disgrace.

They sailed very close to the wind in the round robin game too.

Maybe it’s the new brand of split season fan but if you want to turn up at a game and hurl abuse at the opposition fans go off to an epl game or something is my opinion.

It’s unbecoming of a gaa fan.

Great to hear Daly call it out.

Thought that was appalling. Apeish feature from foreign sports creeping in.

1 Like

They brought up close to 50k of which half were knuckle draggers but that’s the key with all Cork folk, someone mentioned 99% somewhere I laughed it’s bang on 50% with Cork folk and that holds even around here for every @fenwaypark & @Corksfinedtboy you unfortunately get a @gilgamboa & @backinatracksuit, there is no half measure below there.

3 Likes

I genuinely couldn’t believe it.

Especially after the round robin game where cork supporters sailed very close to the wind with their comments.

Meh the booing evens out the raw deal with the reffing decisions. Not nice to hear it but every edge counts, whether controllable or not.

1 Like

The ref is only trying to do his best for both teams. With no ref there’s no game and he has to get
Up Monday morning and face into the week like everyone else.

This loutish behaviour needs to be condemned. I couldn’t quite believe the booing for that first 65.

You need to go to more games, its everywhere. Right or wrong, its part of the game now and something players just have to get on with and prepare for.

The cork posters seem very upset it’s being called out anyway for whatever reason.

Daly was very strong on it and I’m glad he was as well.

The Venue

2 Likes

More so county supporters defending their own, nothing new or strange there. Anyway, I’m sure Kiely, Kinnerk and co wont be having coping with booing on the PowerPoin post match breakdown.