2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Nickie is a lovely fella but there’s no way Horgan gets a shot off there if he lifts it, he’s immediately swarmed by Nickie and Finn(I think)
Good chance of a penalty but for me he did the right thing.

Either way he was right to back his ground stroke and (not you now) it’s very petty to criticise him or say he ‘missed a sitter’ in hindsight

3 Likes

The 84 final was definitely all ticket, my memory is that 86 was as well, of course I went in to both with ‘an adult’ as was the way back then

Spot on.

1984 I think.

1 Like

Wexford and the Stillorgan Park Hotel.

Both leaving I would imagine as Kiely only signed a one year extension but Kinnerk has already signed a contract with the IRFU.

1 Like

The first of the Limerick hurling set to return to the rugby.

We have had our fun sure.

Just on the modern day supporters, cocaine is rampant among many of the younger cohort especially those under 25, that and a tank full of drink brings some real loutish behaviour to the terraces.

Cork are bringing huge crowd to these games but its a very young cohort many under the age of 18, I was in a popular Thurles bar the day of the Tipp v Cork game, although Cork outnumbered Tipp 6:1 in the the stadium, it was the opposite in the pub as they basically refused any Cork supporter under 30 such was the intoxication levels of young Cork supporters falling all over the square in Thurles, that and there were eyes bulging from the powder.
Any of the old school Cork supporters that were let in were still the best in the business.

1 Like

Give me a coked up twenty year old tramp over those cunts in the sombreros

1 Like

Im not sure if this is true of turenne but in most cases the most vocally negative gaa fans are the ones who never played at all really. Even ones who were good underage players know how good the county players are to get where they are in relation to them and rein it in a bit.

3 Likes

But each was predominantly one or the other always wasn’t it? Even though you could pay at the gate you could still get tickets in advance i thought?

I’m not sure of your exact criteria on headbangers but I’d be relatively confident that the Wexford contingent on here are bereft of any headbangers.

What I really hate is when a team wins a turnover as some poor divil is surrounded by about 6 lads and gets done for overcarrying, the lepping and roaring done and in your face toxic masculinity comes to the fore.

1 Like

God be with the days when a bit of harmless badge kissing got fellas blood boiling

6 Likes

It’s amazing what’s been brought into the game in recent years. Tyrone Dublin and Armagh have a lot to answer for

1 Like

This is being widely coached ‘celebrating the small wins’. The idea is being loud and supportive of each other on the pitch creates momentum for a team. There is value to it but as you say it doesn’t take much for it to spill over into pretty obnoxious behaviour.

2 Likes

100% the most stable stable of of posters on here I reckon.

1 Like

del bosque soccer GIF by Fusion

Its got to the stage now where I prefer when the fella who is being surrounded and (is probably being fouled anyway) gets the free.

1 Like