2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

The softening up exercise underway

Yes they will.

Kerry always understand they are Kerry. Kilkenny always understand they are Kilkenny.

Mayo understand they are Mayo. Waterford understand they are Waterford.

Tipp 1987 and 2001 understood they were Tipp. Down 1991 understood they were Down. Galway 1998 understood they were Galway. Tyrone 2021 understood they were Tyrone.

The past is never just the past, it lives now.

1 Like

I remember 2017 when Cork came to Thurles as rank outsiders, a few ould Cork lads during the parade kept roaring, “remember who we are”.

Donal Og did likewise in 1999 i think against Clare.

1 Like

A fat lot of good it has done for them over the last 20 years.

Ah I don’t think Wexford are great, but they’re certainly not shit. A bit dependent on Chin maybe

There’s lads here commenting that have obviously never been in any dressing room ever

Elite sportsmen pay no heed to the results of matches 50 years ago, the Cork players (same as the Limerick players) will go out in full belief that they can win, nothing else matters, not Corks 30 all Irelands or Limericks 4 in a row

1 Like

Some lads wouldnt understand what tradition means. It’s why it’s tradition. It’s hard break it. If it wasn’t, the roll of honour would look very different

2 Likes

They only think they don’t, but they do.

Of course they do. It’s why Dessie Dolan misses a 21 yard free he’d normally kick with his eyes closed. It’s why a COC misses a free he’s scored 9 times out of 10. It’s why you’ll always fear a Kilkenny team.

It fucks with the head. Always has. Always will.

2 Likes

Thurles is looking resplendent.

I’d counter with Anthony Daly making reference to the missing person in Clare for 81 years during his speech in 95’.

It’s because Clare were never good enough, they were unlucky to face good Cork teams in the late 70s.

Limerick are on top right now because they have the best players, but it won’t last for much longer and a new dominant team will come along soon enough
Kilkenny will always be feared because there’s always gonna be brilliant hurlers there, same with Kerry in football, the best athletes aren’t playing soccer or rugby

Any word from the CCCCCCCC or will they keep us in suspenders until the morning

Skehill very strong on Clare this week. A problem down the middle. Conlon hasn’t the legs he used to. Full back line can’t take short puck outs. They’ve become easy to attack down the middle. Found myself nodding in agreement, always have said they’d struggle more in Croke park.

Why would They struggle more on the smaller pitch than thurles last week ?

Croke park is, going by the measurements published for both, eight metres wider. It also plays faster.

what is the situ with Harnedy? Significant injury or just rested in an abundance of caution yesterday?

Back for Dublin.

I thought a Cork v Limerick is definitely on the Sunday irrespective of whether it is Wexford or Clare playing Kilkenny. I m near sure cork v limerick is on sunday irrespective or Dublin v Limerick for that matter

Always thought semple was the longest and widest allowed