2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Cork v Limerick is not on if Wexford and Cork win. Wexford would in that scenario play Limerick

2 Likes

are you sure?

Not according to Google anyway. 145x80 against 145x88. “Wide open spaces of croke park” etc etc. Think the surface makes a difference too.

Limerick definitely playing on the Sunday.

Semi-Finals
06.07.2024 (Sat) Leinster Provincial Winner v Quarter-Final Winner

07.07.2024 (Sun)
Munster Provincial Winner v Quarter-Final Winner

Note: The semi-final draw is subject to the respective Provincial Champions not meeting the defeated finalists from their province and, where feasible the avoidance of repeat pairings

Wexford have already played Kilkenny and Limerick have played Cork, so those repeat pairings would be avoided.

thanks

1 Like

https://twitter.com/willocallaghan/status/1802347874807685616?s=46&t=yRtB8lhW_RucCjdm3dqcBw

There will be no switch

swap them

They can’t

Fergal needs to be decisive here. I expect he will too.

He’ll be true to the schedule

I’d be shocked if Thurles is not as wide as PuC.

@Gman will confirm.

I also can’t understand why the Talltinn Cup semi finals have any bearing on the hurling quarter finals.

Different venue.

Different sport.

No one is gonna watch the TT cup on Tv so GAAGo it maybe. Or who cares.

1 Like

It’s quite clear we have no leadership

Thurles has the inverse reputation of Cusack Park.

1 Like

My pitch listing is fairly old now at this stage, it was nearly 10 years ago when we got it.

But Thurles had always been sold as being same dimensions as Croke Park, some more recent online viewings seem to have the pitch being narrower.

This from RTE was the most recent media thing i saw that wasnt issued from the halls of croke park.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/hurling/2022/0511/1297395-size-matters-gaa-pitch-dimensions-irk-beyond-measure/

They tightened Thurles a few years ago to bring in that stupid AstroTurf along the sideline on the Old Stand side.

They then had to bring in the sideline on the New Stand side to ensure the goalposts were central.

4 Likes

I noticed last week that the town end goalposts aren’t actually vertical. It was windy but there’s a fair lean on them going back from the pitch.

Those goalposts are as old as the hills.

The square crossbar is iconic.

I’ve heard it through some back channels, it is done.