2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Fixed that there for you. We know what you’re saying without actually saying it.

I’m not saying that at all, what does it mean to be BACK?
It’s amusing how @thelimericks are so scared shitless that they’re bigging up a Cork team where if any of ye picked a composite 15 you might allow us 2 out of daycency, you certainly wouldn’t take our coaches

Cork will probably win one in the next few years, I hope so anyway, unfortunate to be battling for ultimate honours with such a superb team

1 Like

Why are Wexford only asking this now? Were they ambushed with hosting the Feile or something?

You’re BACK when you are booking out trains to a match you haven’t even qualified for yet

To be fair.

This has been flagged a long way back in the dark corridors of power but Wexford only qualified for the match yesterday.

The GAA could have sorted this out very sensibly but because hurling doesn’t matter no one really cares.

Tony McEntee reckons the quarter finals are dead rubbers.

Giving the B football competition precedence over the senior championship is a neat summation of where they see hurling.

1 Like

Not precedence over hurling championship, precedence over feile

So beating (or expecting to) Dublin is a sign that Cork are BACK

The GAA were so focused on scheduling around Northern Transvaal Bulls rugby, they forgot about the Feile.

3 Likes

That’s Wexford’s problem and it does seem to be an issue but the bottom line is the prime time slot is Sunday afternoon and we have 4 Division 3 football teams given that slot. To promote the intermediate football competition.

It’s fucking mental.

4 Likes

They (ye) are just BACK mate. Ye’re BACK in the conversation.

It’s not, it was to try sell this to the competing counties. It was the smart play.

Babs called it in that 80th birthday interview he did in The Paper of Record a few weeks ago - hurling needs to break way from the GAA and run itself.

4 Likes

Let them play on Sunday. The hurling can also be on Sunday. It’s not rocket science.

Cork have ALWAYS been in the conversation

There’s few enough important hurling championship matches as it is. The quarter finals should never have been fixed for a Saturday lunch time/afternoon originally. And especially with the semi finals of a Tier 2 football championship crazily given priority over it. Imagine the Joe McDonagh final being on a Sunday prime time slot and say football quarter finals of Dublin v Derry and Kerry v Mayo being demoted to the grave yard shift on the Saturday as a result? Nah, it wouldn’t happen.

To be fair to Wexford, they had to win yesterday before they could make an issue of it.

Bottom line is, the quarter finals in one sport should not play second fiddle to the B competition of the other. Jarlath Burns seems to have a bit of cop on and acknowledged this.

2 Likes

Who’s in these Tailtean Cup matches and where are they to be played?

It doesn’t bother me one way or another in terms of going. . I just think the fixture is stupid.

And the cork one is worse.

I don’t know!!

Unfortunately for Tony, no one gives two fucks about the Tailteann Cup.

In fairness, cork spend a criminal amount of time talking about themselves. They are terrified of being irrelevant…