2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

I’m playing chicken with the cunts.

I think the early start and the game looking quite likely being a formality for Cork will see a good chunk keeping their powder dry for Croke park 2 weeks later

1 Like

And my Cork sauces tell me there is a load of underage activity on Saturday morning.

It’s caused rescheduling of all u13 and u14 hurling games in Dublin on Saturday.

Cork Sauce? Caramelized jus of drisheen?

Was my first time in Portlaoise I think. I’d say Clare had never played championship there before. It was the first year of the qualifiers and they were a bit of an adventure. Appeal wore off over the following years.

1 Like

Cark will bring a crlwd, they’ll deny it but they are very giddy

Perez said cork will bring 30k on their own @Perez2017
[/quote]

1.15 Saturday throw in ? Doubt it

Wexford -v- Clare

To summarise

Munster Venue
Munster ref
Date/Time when a lot of Wexford fans can’t attend.

GAA not even trying to hide the bias

5 Likes

First 2 points don’t matter a fuck.

Jaysus whatever validity points number one and three have, there are plenty of eyebrows raised in Clare about the ref I’d say

1 Like

Cork fans at the moment remind me of Limerick fans in years gone by. Any time we’d get a win, nevermind a couple of wins, our fans would be giddy and the hype machine would kick into overdrive. I suppose it’s natural when you’ve not won an All Ireland in a good while.

It definitely didn’t help in the 94 and 96 All Ireland Finals. I remember as a 12 year old in ‘96 going in to an open evening in the GG for a players training session, a week before the final. Getting players autographs, watching 95fm’s Mal Keavney spend 10 minutes interviewing Frankie Carroll. Such an invasion of the personal team circle would be unthinkable today under John Kiely. But under the bauld Tom Ryan, it was unlimited access.

5 Likes

Au contraire

Fair enough on point 3.

But if you can’t hurl in Thurles, you’re in the wrong sport. A Munster ref will also make little difference to the outcome.

Dont worry about him kid.
He is one of the Murphy’s from Old Kilcormack.

1 Like

You think a Limerick ref would favour Clare?

Wexford shouldn’t even take to the field. Had to play five round robin games as opposed to four as well.

2 Likes

I used regularly head in to watch training sessions with my father in Tom Ryan’s time, there would be big crowds on occasion. Sandra Marsh would always appear at the bottom of the tunnel to call out the team after the last session before a match.

Kilkenny famously used have an open door also, I’m sure most counties did. They are the masters at it though, had one open session last week as usual which I imagine helps to keep everyone happy and it’s already out of the way.

6 Likes

Every county used to have open door.

You could have a few hundred in Semple Stadium or Fitzgerald Stadium Killarney most Tuesday or Thursdays right up until about 2010 or 2011 I’d say.

If Tipp played a challenge v Waterford or Clare it could have a few thousand.

1 Like

https://x.com/roycurtis68/status/1802793590554595505?s=46&t=pBoz6vwJNpAFZhshXLNoZg