2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

There’s 1 (wan) seated ticket available on ticketmaster for Saturday’s double header.

Kids are not allowed to go on the terrace.

This is a masterclass from the CCCC in sporting shithousery.

Croke park will be sick if Wexford win. It’ll mean the two all Ireland semi finals crowds are way back.

Limerick v Wexford = Huge crowd

Cork v Kilkenny = Relatively big crowd due to the Cork train

Clare v Kilkenny: Poor attendance

Cork v Limerick: 70k+

I’d say the combined attendance would be higher with Wexford’s involvement than Clare.

I’d give Wexford chance against Limerick.

Limerick v cork would be a sell oit

1 Like

*no chance.

Purely from an attendance perspective, the gaa would probably prefer a Limerick v Wexford and Cork v Kilkenny. A Clare v Kilkenny semi on a Saturday night would struggle to get 35k. A Kilkenny v Cork semi on a Saturday night would still probably bring close to 60k Limerick and Galway brought that last year of a Saturday evening. A limerick v Wexford would bring 60 k as well on a Sunday. That’s a combined attendance of 120k A limerick v cork and Kilkenny v Clare would struggle to get past the 100k mark . Limerick v Cork would attract 70k plus but Kilkenny v Clare would counter it

1 Like

Limerick’s semi final opponents are dependent on the outcome of this game. It always strikes me as odd when the GAA appoint a match official from a county where there’s a link like this. It’s open to even subconscious bias, even more so when it’s commonly accepted that Limerick have gone to great lengths to avoid Wexford in their recent run of titles.

17 Likes

The jig is up.

Wexford have a decent record against Limerick under John Kiely at senior level. Ignoring the U21 final in 2015, then it’s 2 victories apiece at senior level. Wexford getting the better of Limerick in 2017 and 2022, with Limerick avenging those results in 2019 and 2023. I may have forgotten another league meeting in there somewhere but I make it 2-2 thus far.

My first proper day on the piss supporting Clare. Marvellous day out. Not long after Leaving finishing.

Place was packed. Some roar as we went through the gears

1 Like

Wexford have traditionally been limericks bogey team along with Offaly.

1 Like

Would be almost a sellout. I’d say close to 80k.
The 2018 semi between the two counties attracted 71k.

Clare should bring Reidy into the full line for Saturday. Let him float off O’Donnell, who has been getting only limited assistance from McCarthy. Bring TK out the field. As a Limerick supporter I was glad to see him in the full line last day out, he isn’t as effective closer to goal. Kelly does his best work floating between midfield and the 40. I’d also drop Quilligan for Foudy.

2 Likes

In fairness there were times when every team were our bogey team.

2 Likes

I’ve thought same, but TK I suspect isn’t anywhere near match fit, and wonder if that is why.

All league games though, I’d take it with a pinch of salt.

If he’s fit enough to start, Lohan & co must believe he is match fit.

Well we’re level in league games and also level in championship games too. Nothing between them

1 Like

Wexford need to put an end to all the Munster championship wankoolgy this weekend. Everything tilted in Clare’s favour. It’s a joke.

2 Likes