2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

It’s the hope that kills you

4 Likes

2 Likes

Ye’ll get there soon, but not this year

2 Likes

@fenwaypark is a shrewd judge. I’d be tossing and turning in my bed tonight if I was one of the Limericks.

3 Likes

The judo throws have been off the charts in limerick training in recent weeks.

4 Likes

and as for the hurley breaking…

1 Like

Spying Peeping Tom GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
They’re here

1 Like
  1. Patrick Collins, Ballinhassig

2. Niall O’Leary, Castlelyons

3. Eoin Downey, Glen Rovers

4. Sean O Donoghue, Inniscarra (c)

5. Tim O Mahony, Newtownshandrum

6. Robert Downey, Glen Rovers

7. Mark Coleman, Blarney

8. Ciaran Joyce, Castlemartyr

9. Darragh Fitzgibbon, Charleville

10. Declan Dalton, Fr O’Neill’s

11. Shane Barrett, Blarney

12. Seamus Harnedy, St Ita’s

13. Patrick Horgan, Glen Rovers

14. Alan Connolly, Blackrock

15. Brian Hayes, St Finbarr’s

16. Brion Saunderson, Midleton

17. Damian Cahalane, St Finbarrs

18. Ger Millerick, Fr O’Neill’s

19. Tommy O Connell, Midleton

20. Luke Meade, Newcestown

21. Ethan Twomey, St Finbarrs

22. Conor Lehane, Midleton

23. Jack O’Connor, Sarsfields

24. Shane Kingston, Douglas

25. Padraig Power, Blarney

26. Robbie O’Flynn, Erin’s Own

2 Likes

The Offaly game totally passed Joyce by when he was playing in midfield. Cork would be better off with him at 6 and Downey at wingback with Coleman on the bench.

1 Like

My form predicting games has been patchy with these 2 this year at times but I fear the worst for this Cork side Sunday. That half back line wont do.

The clamour of excitement and confidence in Cork is premised on one week’s hurling in early May. I dont like the spine at the back. I’m not convinced now by the keeper.

I feel Joyce is the best centre back but is midfield. That half back line just doesnt fill anyone with confidence it can hold what its about to face and its the worst possible position for the half forward line with everyone raving about how they won the battle with Byrnes, Hannon and Hayes in thr PUC game.

Cork will have a huge dependency on midfield, Barrett and 13-15 in this game let alone the bench. But if Limerick get stuck in Cork will have it all to do to keep it respectable

1 Like

not much freeing up on ticketmaster for Cork v Limerick, nothing presently

There was Nally most of the day . The odd stand came up but when you clicked to buy it said seats were gone

Is this heading for a sell out?

I am holding out for a few half decent stand tickets to go up on ticketmaster tmoro

There’ll be loads floating around up there.

I was able to get two Premium ones for the centre of the Hogan Stand, but thanks to some disappointing fixture scheduling from the West Board in Tipperary (cc @Declan_Moffat)I can’t go now and had to give them away.

6 Likes

Who is your pick and why?

Limerick by 9 pulling up.

1 Like

I think Cork will need to improve massively from the last day. They’ve hit a real flat spot since the Munster Championship.

Its not beyond them but they aren’t all that reliable.

Limerick have been much improved on the last two years.

1 Like

Had I known, I’d have had a word.*

*It wouldn’t have made a difference.

1 Like

Limerick 2-28 Cork 1-25

I need longer to think about Kilkenny v Clare but at present I’d be leaning towards a narrow Kilkenny victory. I think Limerick v Clare would be a more intriguing final though.

1 Like

I think Kilkenny are possibly better than last year and Clare slightly worse. No result would surprise me really bar one team winning by a lot which I don’t expect.

I think the one thing in Clares favour Vs other years is they thought they had Kilkenny bate before they ever played them. Fans that is. But I’m sure it feeds in.

TK is the key. They need everything he has to get them over the line

1 Like

Cork need one more year. I fancy them to win it next year. I predict a Lim v Clare final and Clare to win it out.

I was impressed with Clare against Wexford and they are far better set up now to beat Kilkenny with Kelly at midfield and O’Donnell at centre forward.

Kilkenny cant really go with Butler as an out and out midfielder and Richie Reid centre back on O’Donnell would be like roadkill.