2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Ya I think TK midfield causes Kilkenny some headaches. Could they go Mullen on TK and see who does more wreck leaving the other free

That would be very high stakes poker.

Lyng would be out of a job fairly quickly if that backfired. They miss Conor Browne there who could timber into Kelly.

You’d imagine Lohan wouldn’t be so keen to comply with letting Mullen free either.

Very interesting points. KK are wide open against a bit of pace at Centre Forward.

1 Like

One thing it could be a huge shootout. Didn’t check the total points but zero chance of Lohan not going 15 on 15.

Nope Malone would be told to go out there and shove it into him.

Shane O’Donnell Vs Richie is an awful match up. Lawlor would make a good fist of him inside. Would they slot Deegan in centre if SOD did line up there? Takes a lot from the FF line if you do sit him at CF.

KK Clare has a lot more intrigue. Limerick and Cork will line up as is you’d imagine

I’d say it might not even be close

1 Like

As in most hurling games there can often be a siege mentality built up, perceived grievances, motivational edges. The narrative has been that Kiely will be reminding his charges of the pitch invasion below in Pairc Ui Caoimh and raucous celebrations after Cork turned them over. That is sure to light a fire under his charges. On the other hand Cork probably have ample dressing room wall material now too come to think of it. Bookies only see one winner, any pundit worth their salt is tipping Limerick (some by a margin), some commentary around Cork snatching victory in their last encounter as if it were a fluke. There is plenty of grist for the mill for Cork too. I think it’ll boil down to which set of subs can change the game more. Will it be Kingston, O Flynn, Twomey, Millerick or Meade for Cork or O Brien, O Donovan, English, O Connor and the likes for Limerick. Limerick are a Croke Park team but I’d expect Cork to bring war to Limerick on Sunday again.

I’d stick Mickey Carey on TK with Paddy Deegan reverting to wing bavj

O’Donnell is a certainty to be at 11.

KK will probably get Deegan to man mark him, bring Murphy to wing back and let Tommy Walsh play corner back.

Reid to be benched.

@thelimericks are madly bullish…the forum will be dead this time next week if they don’t do it…I heard there is a massive Hari Kari planned in the telegram group…

It’s hard to see how Cork, who have zero interest in defending can outscore Limerick who can defend. Might sound very basic but that’s about it.

1 Like

Carey is the obvious switch with reid to wing back

I am mad bullish. But if it ends on Sunday there won’t be any regrets. It’s been an incredible run. I’d like them to get the 5 in a row for them. They deserve it. An unbelievable team.

4 Likes

Carey midfield on Kelly surely.

Clare have two serious bullets to fire.

Reid wing back on Fitzgerald or Duggan isnt ideal either.

Blanchfield will surely pick up Duggan. Excellent in the air. Duggan not having a great season either.

Sunday is set up for a performance I think. Fact it’s cork and the previous defeat will have us ready

I look at that cork backline and think we will get 40- 50 scoring chances

Happy to see Coleman half back and Joyce midfield. Joyce should be half and Coleman on the bench. He might make me eat my words but I don’t think he has the dog in him for the battle

2 Likes

You mean the lad who said Davy Fitz would be better for Cork than Pat Ryan?