Who are the 5 changes from 21?

Barrett
Connolly
Joyce
Dalton
Hayes ?

Lotta fear in here.

Rumours Adrian Mullen is out

6 of that side aren’t starting anyway. Plus improved management.

1 Like

Hilarious that we had Conor Cahalane starting in an All Ireland Final with MC at 6. Bizarre shite.

1 Like

I think it’s almost impossible from a Limerick point-of-view not to be confident in the group that have won every match of consequence for the past 5 years. It would be mad not to be, they have earned the faith of their supporters.

That’s not to say that it will be easy or anything like that and Cork obviously did beat us in the round robin. And it will be very interesting to see what Cork come with; if they have something up their sleeve.

I can’t imagine that the same puckout tactic that worked in Páirc Uí Chaoimh will catch us out again. If it does, we deserve everything that comes with. But, even if there is a monster wind again, you would imagine that we will be better set up. I’m guessing Cork won’t even try to do that this time and if they bring something new in that area, maybe they could get some joy.

For me, it’s quite simple. If Cork don’t break even on primary possession, we will win. Obviously they absolutely destroyed us in the first half last time. I’m expecting a huge improvement in that regard and I think that will be enough to reverse the result. Everything else flows from that, Cork hurt us with their pace in key areas but if they don’t have the ball, that’s not worth a fuck.

Games against Cork tend to be open, fairly loose affairs. They’ll rack up a big score but so will we. I think we can get a lot more joy out of our full-forward line this time. They are carrying goal threats up top but we need to nullify that at source where possible.

We looked good in the Munster Final, getting closer to our best. Cork, on the other hand, weren’t overly impressive against either Offaly or Dublin. Hard to know from the outside how much the sickness affected them but you’d imagine they’ll be a lot more tuned in tomorrow and it should be closer in intensity to the round robin game.

I think Ethan Twomey is a huge loss for them if he doesn’t start, I think he really brings balance to their team but has physicality & hurling too. Similarly, DOD is a huge loss for us and you’d wonder whether we could have given him a run in the Munster Final when the game was on, obviously he wasn’t ready. It’s now a month on but is training enough to trust him match fitness-wise if we need control? Nash obviously a loss too but if the game pans out similarly to the round robin game and they pin our corner-backs back, be no harm to have two natural defenders there.

Both sides should have decent impact from the bench, our lads have been going well all year and you now have SOB as an impact player too with Flanagan back, DOD for control, Adam & Ó’Dálaigh for pace as well as Boylan & Aido around the half-forward line for energy/physicality & shooting respectively.

Should be an absolute cracker. Can’t wait.

9 Likes

Can’t see past Kilkenny for the undercard game.

Kilkenny by 5
Limerick by 8

Clare by 1
Cork by 1

2 Likes

If Limerick had to win this by 15 to go through, they would.

I am really looking forward to Clare Vs KK though.
My oul lad will throw me off the telly for the rubby at 4 unfortunately :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Why the fuck are Clare in blue

That blue Clare jersey is actually class. Bizarre that they have it inscribed for a semi-final though.

It is class but it’s actually more of a clash than the original. Wtf is going on with it

I hope he have been preparing for that because my sources tell me plan C is going to be produces tomorrow

Dan has let it slip here in a big way

The last time I remember Clare wearing blue in Championship, Nicky English was laughing at them

Clare in all blue.

Rattled