2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

https://twitter.com/JimmySloyan/status/1675992259265810432?t=RLI8hdJ9Cj4P34iH57ET4A&s=19

Father and son, the boots :clap:

3 Likes

And what’s Galway’s reward?
Group of death

1 Like

3 come out of a 4 team group mate. It’s not exactly a group of death.

6 Likes

3 Likes

Don’t see that at all. They were getting Derry and Armagh/Donegal losers, or Dublin and Roscommon. Armagh and Donegal are wildly overrated, the Rossies never feared Galway either.

1 Like

We’d bate Derry and Armagh before we’d beat the Rossies

1 Like

I’m absolutely convinced that Galway will beat Armagh, whatever happens in the rest of the competition.

1 Like

Same here. I’d be very wary of Derry obviously, if we met, and even more so of Donegal.

Both would be a lot less physical anyway than a game against Roscommon in Salthill. Derry up next in Salthill, win that and Galway should top the group. Lose it then they need to beat Westmeath to come in the top 3 with the final game unlikely to be of much importance.

Comer is some operator. I’d say joyce has absolutely no input there, the lad just goes out and plays like a madman.

8 Likes

He was absolutely outstanding today. His speed off the mark is a nightmare for defending.

1 Like

Would you stop . Probably one of the best full forwards ever has no input into how the full forward on the team he manages plays ?!

Joyce was decent, nothing more. Galway have almost as unfair an advantage as kerry…its easy to build a reputation when you’re basically guaranteed a string of appearances in croke park- sure look at pat spillane

1 Like

Fcuk sake.

2 Likes

Was he better than conor mcmanus, or paddy bradley? Maybe, or maybe not, actually probably not. But you dont hear those lads being talked about as one of the best ever. The cameras weren’t on them. Simple.

1 Like

Miles better.

7 Likes

Joyce was one of the best footballers in the past 30 years son. An absolute baller.

Lads. Joyce was a speedy forward who could outpace a defender and hook a ball over the bar. Big deal. Half the time he didn’t even figure.
Calm yourselves.

1 Like

He wasnt known for his speed at all. Put down the shovel pal.

7 Likes