2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Fair play to Galway, didnt see that coming at half time. Wonder how injured their big players are, if they make it back for 2 weeks they will be hard beat.

1 Like

You’ll make a profit on that on DoneDeal should Derry not make it. Win win

Johnny McGrath and Dylan McHugh are the perfect example of small lads that have the dog of lads twice their size. One of the great sporting pleasures.

6 Likes

Without enough knowledge of dublin club players, or whats coming through or not, but I’ve never been impressed with dessie farrell. I saw him with underage teams and thought he was a bluffer. He won 2 all irelands, one right after taking Jim Gavins team, and the other after James McCarthy got the boys back playing again and looked like the players were the ones controlling things. Maybe Farrell isnt the issue there, but i feel he is the one that is bringing them back down rather than the players themselves

I’d disagree. I’d say Dessie did well to squeeze 2 more all irelands out of an ageing team. Jim Gavin knew what he was at leaving when he did.

7 Likes

Yeah i just feel some key younger players have taken a step backwards and doubt themselves. Its a problem with football now, players play scared, no shots outside the 21 scoring arc etc, but those dubs are talented and well able, but just dont take shots on that they are more than capable of.

Who do you think will step away,will Dessie stay on?

Maybe, but i don’t think the younger players are really that good bar Lee Gannon and he has been out all season. Ross McGarry Lorcan O Dell , Cian Murphy, Tom Lahiff are all bang average.

1 Like

All great teams come to and end either by just getting old or another team knocks them off their perch

Never compare Con with the Cliff again :joy::joy::joy:

Not sure. I thought Dessie should of headed out the gap last year. You would imagine, Fitzsimons, McCarthy and Cluxton will definitely pack it. Jack Mc might too given his job.

1 Like

That’s some all time greats leaving right there. Irreplaceable really.If they left and anything happened Fenton they’d be fucked

2 Likes

Jack is bringing a motion to Congress - he must be planning another year

Fenton was really quiet today and against Mayo. He could be in decline too or maybe the stress of @Bandage stalking him around Dublin 5 is beginning to show.

31 Likes

Hard to keep it going for so long

1 Like

Yeah it’s been challenging to keep tabs on him alright, my home life has suffered at times.

12 Likes

The stalking of Dublin GAA personel by TFK Posters has to have had a negative impact.

Cluxton, Fitzsimons and McCarthy deserved better than bowing out in front of a half empty Croker in a game that barely anyone saw hidden away in the far corner of the Internet.

Teams are beginning to man mark him - or track him closely. Maher was on him today.

I hope he does. Not his best day today but he is still a joy to watch.

1 Like

Is that Dublin’s earliest elimination since the quarter-final defeat to Kerry in 2009? Shades of the Mayo game in 2021 there tonight. It seemed like a game that was just petering out after 45 minutes before Galway came thundering into it. I didn’t truly believe it was on until about the 64th minute. Cillian McDaid replicated his performance from the 22’ final. A proper big game player.

1 Like