2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Eunie Mulholland set the template in the League Final and the game was up then.

Yeah, they shoulda retired last year after the All Ireland

Yeah. Donnacha Mchugh blotted him out in the Mayo game.

Relax Pa, everyone’s at gigs

https://twitter.com/paranahan/status/1807146691352514605?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

But it’s in italy…

1 Like

Today was very reminiscent of Dublin v Mayo in 2021. The comfortable half time position. Then players hiding, players looking for the perfect shot and over elaborating. The opposition clearly wanting it more.

Look, all of this is simple enough. Dessie’s voice would put you to sleep. Could you imagine listening to it for five years straight.

It’s a combination of the younger players not being as good the lads they replaced, the older lads not quite being at it, the management not being quite up to what went before, a few dodgy selection decisions, and being hit with a perfect storm. It happens.

Good luck to Galway, I wouldn’t be unhappy if they won it out from here.

10 Likes

Pat is living his life on Twitter while everyone else is living life.

1 Like

All these Dublin GAA emblazoned sponsored vehicles going hither and tither along Collins Avenue and around the general Donnycarney, Killester and Artane area are doing nothing for the cause.

2 Likes

I’d say being photographed from an acute angle outside the Orange Goat was foremost in Cormac Costello’s thoughts when he needed to focus on that late free. Next time I’m in Dublin I want to go to the 51 for a carvery feed and then the Orange Goat for a hot chocolate or dessert. It’s great product placement.

4 Likes

I know the two Saturday football quarter finals had been on Sky Sports in recent years but at least they were on television. It’s just so weird that the GAA have decided to stick their showpiece games on an app, while RTÉ were showing an Ant & Dec repeat.

2 Likes

First time Dublin have been out of the championship in June since 1997.
First time Dublin have failed to reach an All-Ireland semi-final since 2009.
First time Galway have beaten Dublin in the championship since 1934.

1 Like

Delighted to give that the all important 10th.

I feel cheated out of not seeing the last act of a whole host of Hall of Famers.

Remember them from last year, not this tanking

1 Like

This game should have happened on Saturday August 3rd, on race weekend, live on RTE 2. Galway would have gone stone mad.

People in Galway will still be very happy when they find out tomorrow morning that their team won this evening.

5 Likes

just to confirm. that’s from twitter to highlight the poor crowd

i wasn’t at archbishop park

Outstanding internetting.

The like stays.

1 Like

49k there today. Absolutely brutal.

Would have been a sellout only for the split season zealots.

Incorrect

1 Like

Thought I heard them saying there were 63k tickets sold beforehand. Or was that 53k?