2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Saw it on the Saturday game myself . Galway got kicked some lovely long range scores after smart build up play

1 Like

Of all the teams playing this weekend both Louth and Derry look like the two teams running on empty into today and open to a hammering . Hope I’m wrong .

I am not a man for a lot of rule changes but there should be the following made around the hand pass:

1. No hand passing over the bar
  2. All scores must be kicked, no palming the ball in
  3. Three hand passes allowed and then it must be kicked.
3 Likes

I’d force teams to keep 3 players inside the opposing 45. Jesus the first half of the Roscommon match was unwatchable with all the back and forth shite

1 Like

1 and 2 I agree with. But I imagine the third one would be very hard to police, particularly given all the other rules in place. It would be seriously tricky for refs.

1 Like

I see the idea but That puts all the onus on the attackers to change . Handpassing is also a result of teams dropping back big numbers to defend. That proposed rule will encourage it even more as they’ll know when the ball has to be kicked so will just get more defensive .
There has to be some consideration given to the blanket defending and how to discourage that

2 Likes

Few wise S Armagh men in there,worried yesterday for a while

2 Likes

Thought they’d be used to that view looking down on a field :thinking:

2 Likes

If the likes of Cluxton, Fitzsimons, Fenton, Con and McCarthy and McCaffrey are not undisputed greats then we might aswell fold the GAA. Easily the greatest football team ever, and some of the best players to ever grace a football field.

Time just caught up with them. No shame in that. Galway were brilliant.

I must have listened back to the commentary of the closing moments on Galway Bay FM about 10 times already this morning. Class. For any supporter, be it club or county, all the shit days you endure are worth it for the odd day of nirvana.

22 Likes

What is this rubbish about? Celebrate the defeat all you want but don’t lose the run of yourself or else sober up.

One DC, Diarmuid Connolly who was ran out of town by Spillane and co

What?

I met Diarmuid yesterday who was full of praise for Galway - a team on the road for ten years he said who deserved to win and deserved congratulations and Dublin didn’t deserve any stick he said just beaten by a better team on the day and a few lads had too many miles in the legs.

3 Likes

‘…… and then he just punched me for no reason’.

13 Likes

Seeing dublin beat would give some gee up to the kerry, derry and donegal players watching that last night. Just feels like anyone could win it now. Even armagh?
Won’t be surprised if derry win. Kerry have had no test and derrys hard running game will cause them problems Paul Murphy corner back is a weakness and still question marks over a few of the forwards. Saying that, they have subs to make a difference, Eg spillanes and o brien.

A classic of @thelimericks genre…little context, no nuance, no real understanding of sport…and an effort made to bring the Limerick hurlers into another completely unrelated discussion…

I’d say there was back slapping in the private members group about it

6 Likes

Cllr. Turner fairly cut loose at the end there. There won’t be a pothole filled in Dunmore for the next two weeks.

6 Likes

The bang of new money off it was unreal

1 Like

That’s one of the new rules being trialled,it would end this 15 men behind the ball bullshit.Plus you will have 3 attackers v 3 defenders.Thats what I want to see.

Shocker in fairness

Its up to Louth, Armagh or Derry now to save Gaelic Football this year