2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Tiger Woods didn’t get smoked by Mick Fitz at Augusta.

David Beckham is more famous than Andres Iniesta so apparently that makes him a better player. In your book anyway.

Mick fitz never smoked David Clifford.

It really wrangles with the Dublin fans that despite all the all Irelands none of their players are really memorable.

Lolz.

“Rankle” is the word you’re looking for and there’s only one man rankled here.

“Wrangles” is the cheap knock off brand Limerick supporters who can’t afford Wranglers wear.

I hear there’s a new movie coming out - “Bend It Like Clifford”. It’s the Kerry equivalent of “he kicked it up in the air and as wide as a fucking gate”.

1 Like

Shane Walsh is better than either of them.

3 Likes

No he’s not.

That’s actually a good point. Obviously Cluxton, then Brogan and McCarthy the most memorable outfield players I’d say. Con maybe. Connolly obviously, but more for being an arsehole who could do anything at any moment, including getting himself sent off. For all their wins, not a lot of players that capture the imagination. Kilkenny for example, is an absolutely excellent player, but inherently boring and forgettable to watch.

2 Likes

Ciaran Kilkenny is one of the stand out footballers of the last 10 or 12 years. His intelligence, his use of space, and his ability to invariably do the right thing at the right time put him ahead of 99.9% of the rest at Senior IC level. You could watch him play all day. Hard to believe he’s still only 30, considering what he’s achieved. Then again, an ounce of breeding is worth a tonne of feeding.

Kilkenny looked better when Dublin had the real elite players in their prime and they were moving and he was picking them out.

Clifford is the Matt Le Tissier of GAA. He’ll be questioning wokeness and chemtrails in 20 years

4 Likes

It rankles with the Limerick lads that the only one of their hurling team who would be recognised walking down the street is the player who tried to kick a lad to death, so they’ve turned their ire on Dublin.

He’s 31 in a few days. Class of 93’. I’d rather watch Jack McCaffrey or Paul Mannion play. Kilkenny is too safe in possession for the neutral. He’s notorious for trotting across the pitch to handpass. A more elaborate Niall Scully. He touched the ball 8 (eight) times in the 2017 final.

3 Likes

The Hall of Famers live in a metropolis where it’s easy to be understated and fun runner stalkers aside it’s easy to move unperturbed.

Clifford lives in a village where lads breathlessly try and corner him to bore him about the “match” to break up the mundanity of muldoonhood.

The Limericks wear helmets so nobody recognises them and they need to ask lads if they know who they are.

3 Likes

If they stuck some Cumann na mBunscoil posts up on the sideline then Ciarán Kilkenny might get confused & actually drive at the real goals.

7 Likes

It’s the Laois blood in him

As I just said, absolutely excellent footballer. Does the right thing all the time. Utterly boring to watch. Trying to think of any stand out brilliant moment from him for a highlight reel but I can’t think of anything memorable he’s ever done. All time greats aren’t judged on their ability to recycle possession.

1 Like

I found that amusing - you can chuckle along when the player whose style is being lampooned has eight All-Ireland medals.

His catch against Mayo a few weeks ago to set up the equaliser. Not that it matters now but at the time it seemed significant.

You’re very touchy today aren’t you? Let it all out and you’ll feel better by lunchtime.

Another one rankled :grinning:

Connolly was the most natural and gifted Dublin footballer of the past 20 years in his prime, probably the most enjoyable to watch anyway. A Rolls Royce of a footballer.

4 Likes