2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Running across each other to get into the crowded space where there was 15 Armagh lads.

Has there ever been a year in which there was no Leinster or Connacht involvement in either the hurling or football finals?

All teams left in either football or hurling have not won the All-Ireland in the last decade.

Armagh and Clare have not won their provinces for a combined 42 years.

This Kerry team is absolutely shite.

2 Likes

Shite without a ref giving Clifford everything. Glorious

1 Like

I could understand why the keeper was still racing to potentially get a quick kick out away. In football these days, if you get uncontested possession from a kick out then you could invariably hold onto the ball for ages & work a shot. As opposed to taking your time, letting the opposition get set & making the kick out 50/50. I guess in the end, even when he didn’t get a quick one away, Armagh actually ended up winning most of those late contested kick outs landing at halfway.

O’Neill going back infield after fielding that last dropping ball in was mad. He actually took a hop of the ball in his square too & some Kerry lad was really close to fly kicking it on the bounce.

5 Likes

This is what it’s all about. You can’t bate seeing families celebrate like that

https://twitter.com/presia11/status/1812201396407525647?s=19

7 Likes

A cousin of mine worked on the ice cream machine on the grounds of the hotel and never came across a bigger bunch of obnoxious pricks.

4 Likes

It’s up to Galway now to save football.

2 Likes

It must kill you to be constantly asked why couldn’t you have made it big like your cousin.

15 Likes

I’ve three cousins who have worked there at various stages through college.

They’ve seen them all from Chelsea to Irish Rugby to Dublin football, Kilkenny etc and they’ve never seen a crew like these boyo’s.

3 Likes

Lovely novel pairing now in the final, regardless of who wins tomorrow.

I fucking hate Dublin and Kerry

2 Likes

I’m surprised a McGeeney coached team is ayting ice creams at a training camp.
I’m calling a TNH on this one.

1 Like

That turned into a great game after a shite first half.

When Armagh went at Kerry they destroyed them.
When they conceded kickouts and ran back to be inside their 45 Kerry were completely comfortable.
Kerry’s goal was the best thing to happen Armagh. They had to go for it and they did.

When they went up in extra time they went back to the same shit again and let Kerry back into it.
Only for some woejus shot selection and shot attempts Kerry would have taken them to penalties. And likely beaten them there.

Will McGeeney learn? Unlikely. They have been the same all year. They actually have some great shooters.

Same old story from Kerry. They looked far less fit than Armagh. Still can’t figure out where to put Seanie Shea. FF does not work anyway.
Still can’t get Clifford on the ball in space.
Geaney playing when he wasn’t good enough to start a few years ago and his legs are clearly gone.
Still light weight in midfield. To be fair their defence looks to have tightened up a lot when the play is slow. But for counter attacks and quick play from kickouts they were wide open.
Fair play to Tom O’Sullivan for getting on the end of those two goal chances after running the length of the field but why aren’t forwards making those runs?

Armagh were deserving winners. The final will be intriguing. Depending on their opponents it will be two very different games.

I think Donegal will run Galway into the ground tomorrow. They’ll have Comer and Walsh running back towards their goals and neither will be able.
Think Galway are a much better team but Donegal are a bad match up for them. Winner tomorrow wins the all Ireland

3 Likes

My man in the glasses and black top giving it socks is a very good friend of mine. He isn’t even from Armagh or living there - married into them.

A gas cunt :smile:

5 Likes

One of the great county songs.

1 Like

The chap with the black baseball cap in the open zippy top has that real border county look about him. You would see lads in that pointy shoes, wrangler jeans & baseball cap look smoking outside pubs anywhere (cc Marty Morrissey) from Forkhill to Aughnacloy to Clontibret to Cootehill.

1 Like

It’s kind of gas that if the five remaining sides in both codes, the Clare hurlers are the ones with the shortest gap since their last A/I win.

When was the last time that all four all Ireland finalists were trying to bridge a decade + gap since last all Ireland win?

Doubt it has happened too often?
2017 in the hurling and Mayo but the Dubs were defending champs.

The forwards are being coached to run out to make space for the bollix of a corner back running in.

7 Likes

1995 had Offaly v Clare & Dublin v Tyrone?

1996 had Meath v Mayo & Wexford v Limerick?

2 Likes

Offaly had last won '85 Dublin '83
Meath had last won '88