2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

The quality of pointscoring was excellent, I thought.

Galway missed chances in the first half and were a bit leaky but were impressive in the second half.

2 Likes

Re Comer - is it not just the case he was well marked today? Brendan McCole didn’t give Shane McGuigan a sniff earlier in the year. He’s a top marker.

And Comer was snuffed out of the 2022 All Ireland by Jason Foley.

2 Likes

Christ I almost had it spot on. Galway v Armagh is fact becoming THE rivalry of the 2020’s.

5 Likes

Johnny Heaney and Tomo Culhane as well. They have real bench impact this year.

2 Likes

They were playing like a team defending a two point lead rather than the inverse. Methodical but lateral ball retention until Michael Langan took a wild punt. Just when you thought they had some pre-rehearsed move to draw out an opposition defence for a late goal.

2 Likes

Interesting fact. All 4 semi finals - hurling and football won by 2 points.
When was last time there was new finalists in both codes?

97 I’d say. Don’t think Kerry played Mayo in a final before then

Cork v down 2010 probably

Cork played in the previous years final though. As did Mayo in 96/97. I presume the query here is when have we had 4 completely different finalists from the previous year?

If that’s the question then Kilkenny v Tipp in 2019 in the hurling

Kerry v Donegal and Dublin mayo along with Clare v cork and Tipp v Kilkenny

1 Like

An accountant and a bollocks? Mmmmmm…

3 Likes

Yeah for football. Hurling that year though was same as previous year Tipp v KK

Galway rarely win games with that many players off form. Thought McHugh, Maher, Gleeson and Finnerty done very well. The subs made a big impact too.

Now hopefully to do the business in 2 weeks.

5 Likes

Players stepping up in every position and carrying the responsibilities well. Maher has been reborn in recent games. He was remarkable again today. The Bayusht still keeps defenses busy

They’ve been winning games without Comer, Walsh and Kelly shooting the lights out. Which is impressive in itself. Getting great contributions from lads like McHugh, Maher, McDaid, Finnerty, etc. And an impact from the bench as well which they didn’t have 2 years ago.

Hopefully another 2 weeks might get Walsh and Comer a bit fitter. I imagine Kelly is very unlikely to be ready. He didn’t even get 5 minutes today.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/OurGameHQ/status/1812549406832631816?s=19

1 Like

https://twitter.com/m_brosnan/status/1812546145597431934?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

3 Likes

The stats on frees will be interesting tonight. Was there even a card shown?