2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

He got very little ball into him either

They’ll not get a better opportunity though with Dublin and Kerry being taken care of by others.

Very disciplined defending by both teams

Donegal fans are a credit to their county. I’d have tremendous respect for anybody from there but today was a reminder of their class. Were making so much noise all game.

14 Likes

One of the most decent sets of fans I’ve encountered

2 Likes

That was a great weekend of football,a bit defensive for my liking but I love the way Galway were trying to play.Long kickouts to midfield and a kick pass into Walsh/Comer.It didn’t work out too often but it was great to see them trying.

3 Likes

BBC interviewed one Donegal lass coming out and asked her would she be shouting for Armagh in the final now and she said no chance, wanted Galway to win it.

4 Likes

Fair play nice to see the subs blowing off a bit of energy…how much did he win I wonder

Nicely phrased.

2 Likes

Was very surprised not to see a few Galway lads decapitated late as they played those fast hand passes to open up a runner.

Galway kick points the way Kerry are reputed to these days

3 Likes

In fairness, Donegal kicked some great points today, especially that midfielder, Langan.

7 Likes

It has to be said but most people will know,but Shane Walsh is the most skillful forward playing the game at the minute.An absolute joy to watch.

6 Likes

Some of Gallens were unreal too.

Correct.

Any of the Galway lads interested in exchanging football for hurling final tickets?

I would love it if a load of these deals were done and then reneged on. It create a savage bitterness they would endure for generations.

12 Likes

A game Galway definitely would have lost in years gone by. The stars of the show were kept quiet by an excellent Donegal side. One of the finest counties in Ireland. Jim will do a clear out and they’ll probably win it next year.

Onwards we go to the final. When was the last time we were favourites going into a final? Definitely weren’t in ‘98, or ‘01. Maybe in 2000? But I doubt it. The crowd belting out the lyrics to the N17 at the final whistle was magic. Went with the two brothers and the auld fella. Great to go while we all still can.

This is a very decent Galway team.

26 Likes

I see jim mcguinness giving out about a few of the decisions…ye hate to see lads complaining about the refs

1 Like

He didn’t make out it was a conspiracy did he?

1 Like