2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

https://twitter.com/RTEgaa/status/1813128180686897561

Eamon saying what a few of us on here were saying all year. Kerry were just waiting to be put down by any sort of decent outfit.

He’ll be back in the hotseat next year.

1 Like

Pretty sure Tomas gave himself the job during the game Saturday.

Jack O Connor was only ever good for winning handy all irelands with Kerry and he can’t even manage that now.

6 Likes

We knew.

3 Likes

Armagh broke Kerry in 2002 and they have never recovered.

1 Like

I think deep down they know last year was the one to win.

Everyone danced and they came up short.

Falling over the line in 2022 was much worse. That’s when I knew Kerry weren’t much good.

I’d say we’ve already seen the best of David Clifford. His style is dependent on youth. You can’t carry that big frame with the same nimbleness as you get older. I’d say he’ll be plagued with injuries from here to the finish. That kicking style alone is a recipe for ripping your hamstring off the bone. It’s like Liam Gallagher’s singing voice. He was warned he was lacerating his larynx by singing like that and sure enough withing a few years he was wailing like a strangled cat.

Clifford’s smoking by Mick Fitz has ruined him mentally too.

1 Like

The Man’s buried his mother and dragged his club to an Ireland while also carrying his county to a senior all Ireland in the last three years all the while being the most famous gaa player about.

Some of the commentary about David Clifford on here is a disgrace.

I was talking with a mutal acquaintance and his opinion which I’d value is he’s absolutely wrecked and fed up. Similar to Joe canning.

Hopefully maybe a break is as good as a change for him.

3 Likes

I was just going to write that messages like this aren’t helping him.

The more social media posts which implore “protection” for him, the more the opposite effect it has. He’s not a fucking child, he’s supposed to be a top level sportsman.

People cringe at these po-faced, earnest “protective” posts, and they chip away more. I mean you’d swear from listening to some people he was the only person in history to suffer a bereavement.

He got smoked when it mattered. But well done to him on slaloming through a pub team to score a goal. That’s the real victory.

You really let yourself down sometimes trying to score points.

As the Kerry lads said to Clifford after last year’s All-Ireland.

You should know a lot better than this.

He can only play what’s in front of him. What he should do is, put up the two fingers and take a break for a few years. Go on the piss. Go travelling. Sit at home on the playstation. He’s an amateur player and he can do what he likes. But the media will throw their hands up in the air at that.

He’s been a hamster on a wheel for years. He should get off the wheel. Go travelling through Japan and hook up with a few Geishas. Get a flat in Vienna and spend six months there learning to play a classical music instrument. Do a Michael Palin type travel series for RTE. Clifford in Amsterdam, smoking.

haha, well, why not!

1 Like

We did.

I was only thinking there that in 2018, Wexford footballers won one (1) game between league and championship. That game was against none other than Armagh in the final round of that seasons Division 3. Now Armagh rested a good few the same day but it just goes to show how vast their improvement has been in the meantime that they’re now preparing for an All-Ireland final. The patience in Geezer has been rewarded. The county board executives got it right in the vote last year.

They should read out the names of the clubs who voted against him at the next meeting

3 Likes

It would be a savage speech if Rian O’ Neill read out the names of the 16 clubs who voted to oust him from the steps of the Hogan.

2 Likes