2024 Nations League B - Gameweek 1 - Ireland v England & Greece

Big difference between playing CB for a good team who dominate possession and manning an entire flank for a bad team chasing shadows sadly

Pretty sure he nearly managed to bounce one in off molumby in the first few minutes on saturday.

I forgot that one but, in true TFK fashion, I still think I’m right

4 Likes

Who’s the league of irelandy lad in the middle?

Looks like Eoin Doyle who played for Pats recently enough. Had a real Indian summer of goalscoring for Bolton a few years ago.

2 Likes

What a goal

Bloody gavin Cooney and Nathan ‘’ speaking loudly’’ Murphy still making a mountain out of hh not answering monotonous questions at press conferences no one cares about.

2 Likes

Fat will making a big deal out of it and Richie mccormack couldn’t understand how Ireland don’t have a working defensive system given new manager has been in the job two months.
They really are wankers

1 Like

Odegard gone off with a serious injury

Cooney on Heimir within less than a week of meeting the players: “Why hasn’t he created a resolute defensive system to stifle world No.4 England?”

Kenny in the job over 2 years “It’s not fair to judge him on Armenia away because it was the start of an international window and the championship lads hadn’t played since early May. Definite green shoots”.

10 Likes

He’s a fucking clown of the highest order.

I love defending people when everyone else turns on them but I’ll do go into the trenches for Heimir.

Ken early, Dan McDonnell and that fucking dose sadlier already kniving him.

3 Likes

Anyone listening to OTB deserves all the bullshit they get. They lost any credibility over a decade ago.

8 Likes

I think Ireland will win tonight and the coach will put his stamp on the team.

1 Like

Against a half interested greek side you’d hope so. A big advantage we have is that our lads are fully invested. Other sides have players for whom international football isn’t as, or certainly not more important than club, and they don’t want to get injured.
It’s a bit like the rugby, everyone is only full bore in either a grudge match, or at the big tournaments.

1 Like

Why would Greece be half interested? They won 3-0 on Friday

1 Like

Dirty wet night in Dublin**
I don’t know where it is, but in these early season post major tournament things, it’s a recurring theme.

Matt Doherty’s definition of fully invested is different to mine

1 Like

Different to everyones.

This lad can fuck off

"I think there’s also a new kind of - I call it - cappuccino nationalism [which is] a very glib anti-English thing.

"You see it with The Wolfe Tones at Electric Picnic, you see it with lots of commentary.

"I think it’s fueled by Brexit, in fairness, and the British haven’t helped.

“In general I just thought it was awful and terrible unsporting”.

‘Nationalism in sport’

Mr Delaney said he also takes issue with the “hypocrisy of so many people booing when they follow English clubs”.

Mr Delaney suggested perhaps we should take anthems out of it altogether.

“There’s too much nationalism now in sport and in soccer,” he said.

I think Greece will win 0-3.