A bit of cop on. Again

I’ve deleted a heap of posts on the Limerick GAA thread and on the Dating thread.

(It won’t take a rocket scientist to figure out what they were about for anyone who visited those threads in the last few days. Please don’t enter into any sort of dialogue on why, it’s not for discussion).

I know plenty of posters here naively don’t give a shit about the consequences of anything they write but I do.

Under no circumstances is it acceptable to post and laugh about and ridicule someone on the basis of rumours about their private life. I don’t care that the rumours weren’t started on here.

And in a related, but different matter, I’ve written before about homophobia. I know it doesn’t suit some of the less enlightened posters to show any sort of maturity but I’ve no interest in winning a popularity contest. If you are posting racist or homophobic content you can expect to be banned. Just because you got away with something before doesn’t mean that will be the case again.

Apologies to the majority of posters who might find the tone of this preachy or dictatorial or whatever. Common sense is really all that is required.

And one final thing - very very few of you ever flag posts. If you see something that’s not acceptable, or that you suspect might not be acceptable can you flag it please?

20 Likes

Ultimately the correct decision to ban @twiceasnice97 as a result of this fallout.

3 Likes

It might be an idea to ban everyone who has ever been in the limerick gaa thread?

8 Likes

What happened in the Limerick thread?

We whacked it

4 Likes

From last summer:

1 Like

Likebait

On a slight tangent, I’d like to put it on the record that should I have ever mentioned a certain Spanish tennis player and drug use on this forum, that I completely rescind said allegations and trust that the matter has now been dealt with satisfactorily.

1 Like

I think it’s time someone was banned for homophobic or racist comments.

2 Likes

Along with @twiceasnice97?

What did he say?

Something which cannot be repeated. See his twitter for more detail.

Did he say it here? I haven’t seen him logged on for months.

What about religious persecution on this site? I’ve never used the flag system as we’re all big boys on here but if someone says something derogatory about another religion should this not fall under the same category of banning the poster?

:rollseyes:

Religion is a choice - you roll with the punches for your choices - You can’t choose your skin colour or sexual orientation.

3 Likes

So you think you can change your religion like you can your vote?

What a mug!!

I don’t in any way underestimate the the stupidity or futile nature of the religious person. I don’t really know or care tbh but religion is something you choose, just like i’ve opted out of it. We stand by our choices for good or bad… trying to compare yourself to a victim of racism or homophobia is disgusting and stinks of a very needy and insecure person.

4 Likes

It’s bigotry I’m worried about. But lets leave @Rocko make a call on it. His site, his rules.

Certain religious factions on this island have an awful persecution complex. Must be all the guilt they carry from acts carried out against the good, honest to God, Catholics in the past.