A Doctor was crowned

No city in Ireland is either.

Jesus. what did you do to him when he was down there?!

Thanks to the efforts of lads living in suburban Cork …

cc @Esso_Oil

1 Like

It’s lovely. Lovely atmosphere. Lovely the way it embraces the Shannon, and vice versa. Big old high ceilinged dark pubs where people of all ages can gather in peace and have a pint, or have ten. Nice quirky buildings and shops. Lovely old Georgian townhouses. Wide streets. Not much traffic. I could go on.

1 Like

:cry:

I detest my wife.

1 Like

Manchester really is a shit hole in fainess. I wouldnt compare any Irish city to Engerland. Northern English cities are particularly dreary. The truth is that in the main Limerick is littered with vacant buildings. The city has a certain vibrancy during working hours but is pretty dead outside of a few hours at the weekend. An taisce would have us all living in biildings that hark back closer to the tennetments of the 50s and 60s than they do to Georgian townhouses. There is a view that we are going to get families living in the city again. Its usually pronounced by cunts living in suburbia.

That was a tough half hour for your relationship…hang in there pal…

4 Likes

I whole hearedly agree about the empty buildings — it’s been flagged to death… but Irish laws around this are funny … ownership rights etc. etc … And of course, the will isnt there in many quarters either.

I only recently found out that the Gerogian house in Pery square - next to the hotel — Is used as an office space by the Arts officer for Limerick City council. It used to be an open house for tourists to visit but she moved in temporarily about 2 years back and uses all three floors as her office space — two years on.

As with everything in this country, change will only come from the public … but reports in local papers of Limerick 2030, 2040, 2050, along with the rubby building, being worth x amount to Limerick economy are enough for most people — the reality is, we dont have to let our city fall down around us to achieve economic prosperity - they are not mutually exclusive of each other… that’s where the mainland are way ahead of us - they protect listed buildings and the likes.

You are entering an area I have quite a bit of interest in here. Firstly no where on the “mainland” would you have the poor housing stock listed the way you do over here . Actually a number of years ago I collaborated with English Architects on a project and they had occassion to come over here for a few days. They could not comprehend the building that were given protection over here.

On that note how is Warsaw?

I loved it when I was there. But I was young and single then. Horrible traffic. Good buzz to the city though.

Ok - tbf i’m looking at Bath and places like that which is probably not a fair comparison.

It seems like we may be able to do some work down the road tho… good to know.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Did you tell your wife you know a few doctors in Limerick who said it’s an unrale
Place?

1 Like

England is worse than I could’ve ever imagined so.

1 Like

A big reason Aungier Street in Dublin is the way it is is the corporation for a long time insisted any buildings/the street would be built/restored back to what they were in 19th century and also looking for daft rights of way restored to Dublin Castle.

It was not economically viable so the street was left to go to shite.

1 Like

:open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

And you have lads that scratched their hole above in Mary I (more tham likely paid for by the tax payer) looking for the entire city to be regentrified with money from god knows where. You couldnt make it up.

4 Likes

Who’s looking for the whole of the city to be re-gentrified? - You’d be wrong on your other assertion also, fucko.

I think Flatty lives in Moss Side.