A Marathon for a great cause

I’d imagine youd want your meal to have about 20% protein? Granted it takes longer to breakdown but you’ll be running for 3 hours at least and muscle will be breaking down. Possibly a protein shake / milk with your giant rice Krispies?

have breakfast a full 2 hours before the race

1 Like

Getting the protein is no problem really, that’s the good stuff
Good carbs are the challenge

Rice Krispies contain easily digestible air

2 Likes

Bumped for @carryharry.

Details in the thread opening post.

Cough up fucko’s.

We need to have @RaymondCrotty in fair Fingal for Christmas

3 Likes

I have a pro running tip that @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy will be familiar with but : 1. It’s probably intended for middle distance or sprinters
2. It involves leveraging the power of the bodies inbuilt hormonal engine that some may find distasteful.

A prominent midfielder on a team I used to player got sitting next to Irish athletic leges Marcus O’Sullivan on a short haul flight , Marcus was known as ‘king of the boards’ and was returning from an indoor euro championship.

I’ll check with a moderator is the tip is ok to publish

1 Like

:grinning:

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy got verbal clearance there , do you want to take from here in explaining Marcus’s pre race routine ?

A bunch of people in my running club are curious as to if I’ve got some beef with the RNLI. I can’t think of where they got that idea from

15 Likes

ok @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy ill enlighten the forum…

so Marcus sits down next to ‘Jodie’ and after some initial smalltalk they recognise the common ground that 2 athletes share. Jodie is a track and field fan and congratulates Marcu on his good showing at the Seville indoor event. Marcus appreciates the recognition and as it is the end of a tough season he relaxes in the company of the midfield general and allows his notoriously high guard to drop.
Conversation naturally turns to the burning issue of the day - steroids, performance enhancing drugs and controls.
‘how can you compete with that?’ questions Jodie, making inferences about Kenyans in particular.
O’Sullivan then lets Jodie know a ‘trade secret’ of the ‘chairman of the boards’…

‘15 minutes or so before the start of the race, i make my way to the dressings rooms, most athletes are already on the track but it is not unusual for a nervous runner to head back to the sanctuary of the bathrooms to urinate pre race.’
‘i make sure the coast is clean then i pull the langer off myself to within a couple of seconds of spilling my cork love custard’ an emboldened O’Sullivan tells our stunned box-to-box midfielder.
‘this forces the body into a testosterone producing overdrive, giving the body much the same effect that steroids achieve’
O’Sullivan went on to explain that this was a way to match the other runners in the field who had been using preforming enhancing drugs to boost their own testosterone. O’Sullivan maintains it was a successful ploy to boost his metabolic state pre-race and common amongst many athletes at the time but nobody speaks about it. he said it had been part of his pre race routine for a number of years and apart from the Helsinki incident all had gone well with it.

Jodie said he would never tell what ‘the Helsinki incident’ involved as elite athletes had a bond that was sacred.

14 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

We can only be weeks away from @Bandage being arrested in St Anne’s park for gross indecency

3 Likes

A bit of shameless self promotion here. Thanks to @Wexford1996 for teeing it up.

20 Likes

you Gorey cunt.

2 Likes

Well done @Mac. A great plug for the charity.

1 Like

Well done @Mac.

1 Like

Well done @Mac, you hooked nose cunt

3 Likes

Ah, lovely.

You fucking beauty!!!

4 Likes