A New TFK Rule

I don’t like having new rules, especially obvious ones that just seem like the fun police.

But for the love of God, don’t threaten to talk to or reveal people’s workplaces about their online activity ever. Publicly or by PM.

Unfortunately it can be hard sometimes for people to know what’s real versus banter so we will have to ban people who then claim it was a joke afterwards.

It may seem preposterous and blindingly obvious to say this but TFK is not supposed to be somewhere that can have negative real life impacts. And I can think of nothing more likely to bring about the end of TFK than someone getting in real life hassle because an online debate was taken too far.

And for the record:

1. Others have done this long before @Sidney so this isn’t singling him out. It’s not why he was suspended.
  2. I know of at least one case of someone’s posts on here pretty much ending their employment. That was years ago (and a decade later is an amusing story). But I clearly don’t want a repeat of that ever.

And a bit of general cop on would be no harm in general in these days of heightened sensitivity.

59 Likes

@Watchyourtoes should take a good read of this and the majority of Limerick based posters.

3 Likes

Have you ever considered growing up a wee bit?

1 Like

:grin:

3 Likes

He had me until right there

1 Like

Have you read it yourself?

Christ that’s grim

Clearly I just responded to it. That was after a number of the limerick posters repeatedly posted about my personal life and my friends. Including reposting bets I had in shops and sticking up here before I did. I was decent enough to not contact their employers.

Some amount of headbangers around here :joy:

3 Likes

TNH

I won’t have a bad word said about the Limerick lads. A sound buch of lads as you’ll meet on a random forum on the INTERNET. Those Wexford pricks are another story altogether

I always thought we could send information about people’s employers by PM but couldn’t post it on the main board.

Nope they usually just tried to swap pms to desperately find out stuff about me. @Breaking_my_balls and a few more didn’t enjoy limerick winning the all Ireland because I didn’t participate in their group.

Ok, let’s not make this another “Poor me” thread.

9 Likes

@anon61878697 bring back the phantom post flagger

It kills you that I know who you are. That makes me happy :pint:

Not that I’d ever use that info, of course.

The forum should invoke the spirit of joe player and just go back to clean fun banter.

2 Likes

@Rocko stick to your own rules now.

Brexit changed everything

Nice job outing yourself.