A question for TFK

Hang on. Is this going to be heavily weighted towards nonsports and hobby sports like NFL and gaa?

Youā€™d fucking better bring back pagination

6 Likes

Either that or charge proper subā€™s fees

Shut it, you fag.

Im hoping real sports like Horseracing and UFC will be included here too

I will contribute, lend my immense skills, as long as this isnā€™t primarily ameyican throw ball related.

If you need an IS project manager for this give me a shout, @Rocko. I will do the URS and Project charter gratis and only charge day rates after that

1 Like

In, with money involved the levels of abuse and vitriol should go through the roof

6 Likes

Iā€™ll give 1k if you ban @maroonandwhite.

Nobody will pay.

2 Likes

Complete lack of faith thereā€¦we are men of honour on here.

Indeed I had a struggle getting v cash off @thepuke one time over a bet. But Iā€™d say current posters are more honorable.

Do you mean that nobody will participate? If so, then yes thatā€™s a possibility.

If you mean that people will welch on bets, then that canā€™t happen. Your money will be debited when you bet.

Oh and for clarity, this will be one day ā€œfantasyā€ stuff. So while Iā€™m talking about pickem, itā€™s a one day/one weekend competition. Not a competition over an entire season. So much more like Draftkings and Fanduel and that site that Choco put up, but without being player-oriented at first.

can we have a nfl playoff pickem? how will it work, one big pool or a few sit n goā€™s with a handful of players. the GAA pickems will be off the chain. also will our paypal names be viewable only be administrators

This will probably be the biggest concern for people.

2 Likes

Only for the insecure ladsā€¦

I doubt this will be ready in time for the NFL playoffs.

The formats available will be:

1. Pickem
  2. Odds betting
  3. Player competitions similar to Draft Kings and Fan Duel

Number 3 will rely an awful lot on setup and isnā€™t really my focus for now. It will certainly be possible and the software and technology will be there to handle it but player data sources cost $200-$300 a month so the alternative is lots of typing. Restricting it to a couple of games or a limited number of players in each game certainly helps but it will really be up to people to use whatever competitions they like.

The way it will work will be, Iā€™ll provide the environment and the software. I fully intend to allow people to log in with their username from here. I hope that will be the only data viewable by people other than me (and @Bandage).

Then there will probably be a number of users, like the type of offer @Mac has made, where youā€™ll be able to create your own competitions. So if you want to set up an NFL Playoffs player pool then youā€™d be able to.

But, I need to figure out how to control that. If it relies on me setting everything up then itā€™s not going to work. But if thereā€™s real money changing hands then it needs to be fair. So I expect Iā€™ll try and have it that an extended group of posters can set up a competition but they canā€™t control releasing the funds. Still not sure if that means I need to do all the results myself or check them all (which is lots of work for individual player ones) but Iā€™ll figure it out. But thatā€™s one of the reasons Iā€™m steering towards team match-ups at the start - itā€™s just less work while we figure out how to best use it.

Sounds good, name your price

Pickem all the wayā€¦Iā€™ll destroy you bastards week by weekā€¦I take it that it would be a weekly pay out?