A question on Red Cow LUAS car park

Taking the auld lad to Dublin tomorrow for an hospital anppoinrment, and want to get LUAS into town from Red Cow around midday. I assume I have zero chance of getting a parking spot at Red Cow LUAS stop at that time? Any time I’ve gone in there lately there’s been no spots.

Any advice on where is best to park ?

Go from Cheeverstown stop you come off the motorway before the Red cow, always get a park there might be one switch to city centre can’t remember and only about 35 mins in, always use it for soccer Internationals and for the AI final last year never an issue.

2 Likes

Which hospital?

Would you not drive in?

Anytime I’m in Dublin I park here and hop on the Luas from there.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/CLVR38VFHVx8TQ6n6

1 Like

Roasters really don’t like driving into de Shmoke

10 Likes

Is this really a thing? Surely not?

It is , as it should be. There should be ample parking for folk who want to get into the city on public transport.
@Gary_Birtles_Lovechi , have you thought of just getting the bus or train?

Agreed, my thing was more with lads being afraid to drive into the city. Tis good for the soul to dice with death in such a manner.

:slightly_smiling_face: I absolutely hate it. It’s the inner roaster.

1 Like

Tallaght square shopping centre. Cheap and Luas straight in from there.

Amazon Studios Car On Fire GIF by Amazon Prime Video

2 Likes

I’ve never had an issue parking at the Red Cow but in fairness I only ever use it at the weekends (and usually for the much maligned Green bus). Good to know spaces can be in short supply.

1 Like

There are normally a few parking spots there at lunchtime. I’ve often got the Luas out there around 12-1pm and got picked up.

@Gary_Birtles_Lovechi I think you need to give the forum the exact hospital that you are going to so alternative solutions such as parking in Maynooth and getting the dart, taking a plane from Kerry or taking a shuttle bus from Kildare village can all be put forward to you.

9 Likes

@Gary_Birtles_Lovechi are you going to Connolly?

Drive in, tis grand. Nothing exciting bar a bit of traffic.

Be thankful you’re getting to the car park from the south/west. Trying to get over to it approaching from the north - o mo Dhia

1 Like

The shuttle bus to Kildare is fair handy particularly if you are worse for wear the following morning after a late one and want to sober up before driving. You could kill an hour or two while moving towards home.

1 Like

All the way into Harcourt St? No ta.

No. Royal Eye & Ear Hosp in D2.