A thread to post stories or things that you believe never happened

Any Ballygunner connections ???

Iā€™d fully believe most of the stories that are posted here.

If s story is well told only a philistine would care whether itā€™s true or not

4 Likes

Confiscate their phone. Tell them they need to cop on.

Pat is as brave as he is peculiar

1 Like

Which one didnā€™t happen?

I was out friday night in a number of establishments, everyone of them required a cert which was a change from my previous experience. Of 5 places, all 5 asked for a cert. However only one scanned it, and none asked for ID to see if the cert was actually mine so it was all a bit of pointless theatre really.

There were a few nurses arrested over here for selling fake vaccination certs. They were charging about a hundred quid per cert, keying peopleā€™s details into the system and then destroying the vaccines so as not to be left with too much stock. The cops reckoned they sold five hundred of them.

A screenshot of someones QR code would do you here for 99.9% of venues Iā€™d say

People that wanted to go abroad probably

Everywhere asks in Limerick in my experience, but obviously I havenā€™t been everywhere, if thereā€™s a problem Iā€™ve never seen anywhere turned away, strangely (or maybe not as they have an older clientele) Fennessyā€™s is the most militant place Iā€™ve been, theyā€™ll get you to wear your mask walking to the toilet etc, nowhere else bothers with that

Iā€™ve been to a few gigs in Dolans and was surprised how many people continued to wear masks right through the night, obviously werenā€™t drinking but still seemed strange

If you have the courage of your convictions re the anti Covid vaccination then you might as well be honest and let the cards fall as they will

Thatā€™s cause itā€™s full of auld lads in their 60/70/80s

The second one

1 Like

Out for an extended family event in North Connacht yesterday, no cert required as it was an ā€˜outdoorā€™ area. It had a few openings but plenty gas heaters and was very comfortable.

One positive for some pubs and restaurants is the amount of viable seating area they have managed to create during covid. The place we sat held about 100 people and was created for less than 10k Iā€™d say with a mix of timber, perspex, fake grass and some sort of roof membrane. They are now hosting events that they would never have even considered hosting in the past.

5 Likes

Same throughout Fingal, outdoor areas at the expense of cagers

2 Likes

A lot of positives for the hospitality industry and patrons of such due to Covid, if they can look at (or afford to look at) the big picture

A lot of positives is probably the last thing the hospitality industry wants at the moment.

We were asked for covid certs last night in a Dublin 3 restaurant, but they werenā€™t scanned nor did they ask for ID to match the names. Iā€™ve heard of examples spanning all angles myself - from the over-zealous ā€œI know itā€™s you but that driverā€™s licence is out of date so I canā€™t accept your IDā€ types to ā€œjust stand there for a second & hand me your phone so it looks like Iā€™m scanning a certā€ types. Clontarf was pretty empty by 10.30pm last night, it was like a Wednesday or Thursday night pre Covid.

All the rubby heads were still in Baggot St.