Aberdeen v Celtic

Fuck’s sake. How fucking stupid is that?

McGeady has been immense again.

Jesus Christ, Braafheid should be beaten after the game whether we end up winning it or not. Dickhead.

Christ this is nervy stuff. Even the most basic thing… horrible backpass from O’Dea there when there was no need to play ift that soft and to the wrong foot.

What a fucking save Artur.

Great save by Boruc.

Our defence is beyond shambolic. We need a 5th or 6th goal to make the game safe.

Fuck that. That’s just awful. Awful awful stuff.

Well, I’ll be damned.

That’s criminal.

Ah fuck that was close.

Eventful day for the Irish on the Celtic team!

This is beyond the beyond the beyond the beyond.

Lads what is Celtic’s record away from home this season, would I be right in saying it is fairly shcking

Fuck fuckin sake,that’s enough of these clowns for another year,signing out for the season,I can’t take this shit anymore. :angry: :guns:

Keane must be thanking his lucky stars he is only at Celtic on loan.

Right, scrub the tag I put below the thread title.

That’s my mind made up on Mowbray once and for all too - he’s a nice man by all accounts but a clueless football manager.

Shambles of a performance.

Boruc - 7 one great save, got a couple of crosses well. Didn’t look overly convincing in general though and has no confidence in what’s in front of him clearly.
Caddis - 4 missing defensively. Weak going forward
Thomson - 3 bullied in the air and on the ground
O’Dea - 3 bullied in the air and on the ground
Braafheid 4 - actually did well other than that mistake of epic proportions. One good shot but a full back needs to able to cope with a nothing cross.
Brown - 3 missing in the second half and for much of the first. Made one good tackle but only because his man got goal side. Where was he for the last 15 minutes? Couldn’t give him the ball because we needed to keep it. Late throw-in near the end that Caddis had. Brown stood 5 yards away and did nothing. Literally just stood there. We had one last chance to get the ball into the box and the captain wasn’t bothered. Joke.
N’Guemo - 5 better than Brown. Not dominant enough but at least he broke up some attacks and generally kept the ball.
Kamara - 4.5 nowhere near involved enough. Did some nice thiings but looks like a striker playing on the wing. Wonder why that is? Not really his fault but he’s lacking a bit of positional sense.
McGeady - 8 would have been more but he should have been better on the second goal and lost the ball before the fourth goal. Hard to be too harsh because he was keeping the ball on his own and had to try to pass it at some stage.
Keane - 7.5 took his goal very well and put one on a plate for Fortuné. Hold up play might have been better.
Fortuné - 5.5 lots of work, not much effectiveness. Not playing as part of a team.

SUBS
Rasmussen - not on long enough
Ki - some nice touches, might have scored and possibly should have scored. Should be playing alongside N’Guemmo though, not alongside Brown.
Samaras - had a few touches and never once looked like keeping the ball for more than a split second. Need more from him when we’re holding on.

I’ve no idea why he thought it was a good idea to take off Robbie Keane in the 72nd minute when we were 4-2 up. Keane and McGeady were picking them apart and wreaking havoc for the ten minute spell after the hour mark where they each scored. We’re not playing midweek, Keane needs games and he’s experienced and savvy and had got into a real rhythm there. Our defence is so bad that there was no way the game was over at that stage. We ended up with an offensively loaded midfield with McGeady, Kamara and Ki, along with Rasmussen and Samaras upfront, and he didn’t seem to do anything tactically to try to shore it up either once they got it back to 4-3.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 441533”]
I’ve no idea why he thought it was a good idea to take off Robbie Keane in the 72nd minute when we were 4-2 up. Keane and McGeady were picking them apart and wreaking havoc for the ten minute spell after the hour mark where they each scored. We’re not playing midweek, Keane needs games and he’s experienced and savvy and had got into a real rhythm there. Our defence is so bad that there was no way the game was over at that stage. We ended up with an offensively loaded midfield with McGeady, Kamara and Ki, along with Rasmussen and Samaras upfront, and he didn’t seem to do anything tactically to try to shore it up either once they got it back to 4-3.
[/quote]Exactly Keane should have only came off if it was an extra defender or a holding midfielder.

Indeed. Leave Keane and McGeady on and let them continue running riot together but don’t just make a change for the sake of giving Samaras a run out.

Yeah agree completely on taking Keane off. Nonsense change.

The case against Mowbray grows stronger now.

He must take the blame for getting rid of defenders in January and only bringing in one senior defender (Rogne is a kid, as is Thomson. This won’t have done Thomson much good today. He still has potential but expecting O’Dea to nurse him along is just asking too much of both of them).

It’s not even that we conceded four goals today. It could have been eight. Easily. Boruc save, Braafheid clearing one off the line, Burley’s shout for a penalty etc. They had loads more chances than goals.

And the substitutions as mentioned above. We’re not good enough to take off Robbie Keane. And we’re not good enough defensively to end with 3 strikers on the park plus McGeady and Ki.

I know the N’Guemo change was when we were chasing a win but you need to maintain some balance. Scott Brown isn’t the answer.

A word about Darren O’Dea’s performance today too.

Embarrassing.

Fuck this, I’m off to the shop.