Abortion Referendum Thread

Nope, I didn’t. Unsurprisingly it’s gone over your head as usual

Politically speaking it would be a perfect hospital pass to bequeath to an incoming Fianna FĂĄil led government.

1 Like

Extreme examples can and do happen on a reasonably frequent basis.

Those who want to defend the status quo should be able to provide answers as to what they think should happen in such cases, otherwise they haven’t thought their position through properly.

What you’re trying to do here is to de-legitimise extreme cases as a topic for discussion, when they’re actually central to the debate - the Savita case was pretty much the sole reason for movement on the X Case legislation. It’s the extreme cases that show up so glaringly the injustice of the current constitutional position. Limiting the terms of discussion is not something you have power over on this forum, as far as I’m aware.

She was actually

2 Likes

Semantics ruining the joke :confounded:

no pedantics did

Yes, that was the second joke. Pedant.

@Sidney cleaning house here, the god botherers running around in circles.

2 Likes

There are no extremes in murder. It’s black and white. When you end. A life there is no hard and soft side. It’s a life taken. Nobody should attempt to dress that up.

1 Like

It’s nothing to do with being a God botherer, I go to mass about once a year. I just think abortion is a horrible thing

Why is it a horrible thing?
I don’t think anyone would argue abortion is a pleasant or desirable thing. It’s a necesssary medical procedure though in many cases, which is why outlawing it is moronic.
What is horrible is denying women necessary medical treatment, and forcing them to leave the country to get it.

1 Like

I’m in favour of it when it is medically necessary, not for just any ordinary situation though

Why? What’s the moral argument to outlaw abortion in the first trimester?

So say a woman finds out she is pregnant, and doesn’t desire to be pregnant or have a baby, for whatever reason. Why shouldn’t she have the right to terminate the pregnancy? For this arguments sake, say within the first trimester.

How do you propose enforcing a law that makes abortion illegal in this kind of situation, as we know the law doesn’t prevent Irish women having abortions. Chain women to beds until they have their unwanted baby? This is what makes the whole issue so silly, the courts have already ruled you can’t stop women travelling, so essentially all you are doing is exporting the problem, and causing an unnecessary financial and mental burden on Irish women.

2 Likes

Do you not think abortion would become more widespread if it became readily available in Ireland rather than having to leave the country to get it done?

you would see a shit load less of young skanger girls in cheap tracksuits pushing buggies thats for sure. in turn youd have a shit load less bottom dwellers looking for housing assistance from the tax payer which would be great.
Im still against it though as its murder.

1 Like

I’m really looking forward to the referendum.
It will be vicious.

Let the pinkos and Iona crowd into a field and let them at it like the Battle of Bannockburn .

I’d not vote in this. I feel it is an issue for ladies to decide for themselves. The Irish solution of letting someone else do the dirty work is a classic of the country. I personally would allow termination up to a point, I certainly wouldn’t stop a woman from deciding to do so, and in such cases, which happen all the time, it shoukd be available here. Imo.

1 Like

Up the children’s allowance to a 1000 euro per month per child and watch the whole problem just go away. Then we’d be building council houses to bate the band. Plenty of work for the builderst. Breakfast roll man back in business. Loads of jobs for midwives. Economy back on track. Fuck I’m a genius

Are you in favour of the death penalty for criminals?