Abortion Referendum Thread

Do you think the irish health system is in a better place than the UK, US, France, Germany etc that you shoukd be listening to all these practising experts you mention

Also. Who do you think is more pro life. The likes of david quinn and maria steen who only care about the rights of the foetus with no care for the consequences for the mother. Or dr peter Boylan who spent his life training, practising and educating others in how best to bring life into the world and has delivered thousands of healthy babies and probably saved hundreds of lives.

1 Like

I dont think so

Iā€™m starting to think that as well. Itā€™ll be very close I imagine.

I feel like this referendum has been going on for 3 years. I canā€™t wait until itā€™s over.

1 Like

:smile:

Great post, the debate will go down as a win for the no side but itā€™s the first time Iā€™ve seen either side really sink to the gutter and turn it into a proper mudslinging contest.

Steen is a vicious bitch and her personal comments about Mary Lou were disgusting. Monaghanā€™s suggestion that Boylan ā€œgo back to schoolā€ was extremely childish and epitomised the tone and direction of the no sideā€™s approach

The no side hasnā€™t made any inroads into the gap in the polls yet.

Think it will be very much a silent vote in this scenario.

An awful lot of people seem to hold the views of GPs and medical consultants as the Oracle when it comes to aborting babies.
Which is funny as most doctors I know are cunts.
Anyone have any other ideas as to why doctors would favour the abortion of a baby when a mother is unwell or saying she is suicidal?

2 Likes

It has to be given the violent nature of the Yes side.

All of the doctors who treated me when I was being treated with chemotherapy were very kind to me. But then Iā€™m a man, so they werenā€™t constrained by a wretched piece of legislation that would require them to give me a pregnancy test and stop treating me if it was positive.

7 Likes

It should be noted that doctors would profit from abortions being legalised in Ireland. It should be noted that legalising abortions in Ireland means less accountability for doctors in Ireland.

Constrained?

Anything but constrained, removing the legislation means any accountability is removed from the doctor, rather than trying to save lives it allows them to execute unborn babies from a safety net of the professional expertise they are meant to possess.

Thatā€™s a reflection on you mate, you need to think about why this is.

1 Like

The polls have been very consistent. Are you saying people are lying to anonymous polls? What kind of weirdos are they?

Not sure if serious, mate.

Ditto Brexit .

And Trump. And others. Regular enough occurrence really.

2 Likes

Posters who are voting no do you think that abortion should not be allowed anywhere in the world or just not in ireland?

Could you tell me what the impact a woman having an abortion in this country has on you and how that differs from a woman travelling to the Uk to have one?

There are a lot of people in the middle. It came up in conversation yesterday where I work, first time anyone has mentioned it. I felt I could say nothing, itā€™s such an emotive and devisive issue. I work with women, and I would think that most would be for repeal, but most people are holding their cards close to them.

This will be tight. Speaking to a Yes canvasser who I know, he said at the weekend that their fear is that the male 20-35 wontā€™t show on the day, they are getting a very positive response from women in that age cohort, and a surprising amount of support from older people, although the repeal support is still outnumbered in the 60-75 cohort.

It will come down to who can get the vote out on the dayā€¦

1 Like