Abortion Referendum Thread

You can puff your chest out and posture all you want, use it as a way to dig yourself out of the hole you’ve made for yourself but the truth of the matter is you’re talking utter horseshit here.

At least try and address my point or maybe just ignore it and hope it goes away. Resorting to personal insults so early in the conversation?

It’s also their own child.

Christ im all day replying on this thread, some posters have set out very strong arguments and certainly given me food for thought. Others appear almost idiotic. By calling me out here with your my solution post, guess which group you belong in. So what hole did i dig for myself in your mind? Actually dont bother you arent worth talking to

And ultimately a fully innocent human being

Can’t disagree with that, but a lot of your argument is based around people taking responsibility for their actions. A bit harsh in this instance, no?

Thanks for not addressing the point, suggest we leave it there, don’t want to drag this out

When you want to make a valid point, and arent confused about the law, try again maybe

I’m not applying that in this case, but it’s not just simply the child of a rapist. It may not have been wanted and it can understandably be a terrible ordeal for the woman but it’s still her child. It’s not fair to moralise on rape victims and abortions, it’s incredibly difficult situation but there is another life at play as there is with any abortion. The life of the unborn child should be protected and that’s why it’s the humane thing to do to vote no.

I’d happily learn a bit more about them. My last and final boss was Opus Dei. I’m happy to say I put her and her coven well and truly on their arses.

1 Like

Tommy Burns was Opus Dei and an absolute gentleman who won the hearts of many.

The ramblings of a mad man. Ah sure just force the rape victims to give birth, it’s the humane thing to do :roll_eyes:

The gas thing is, you’re not even going to bother voting yourself.

And what’s your alternative, what has the unborn child done to deserve being denied the right to live? Try and stay on topic for once.

The foetus should be aborted at the earliest possible convenience.

That is barbaric and inhumane and shows the callous nature you show to life.

You haven’t a clue about life. Trying to force rape victims to give birth is utterly barbaric, only a total fucking headache would advocate doing this.

Chaps and chapesses, can we come back to the No campaign’s regular use of the line “you are going to abort healthy babies”?

Why are the No campaign making the distinction between “healthy” foetuses (can one say “foeti”?) and, presumably, “non-healthy” foetuses?

It seems very weird that they would do that, as they appear to be placing a higher value on “healthy” foeti than on “non-healthy” foeti.

This is a hard debate, not black and white and posters have their beliefs which colour their opinions. You either consider an unborn a foetus with no rights or a human person with them. This predicates the whole debate. Im not sure rehashing this over and over for the next week serves any good. No ones mind will be changed.

That is some contradiction. You seem to think a life should be extinguished at the earliest possible convenience.

In certain circumstances it should.

Your hatred of women is quite disturbing generally, but you’ve reached a new low tonight with this nonsense.

That’s not true at all. Being in favour of choice up to a certain cut-off point does not mean you don’t favour the foetus having certain rights after that cut-off point.

They certainly shouldn’t have an equal right to life from conception onwards enshrined in the constitution though.