Abortion Referendum Thread

Nail on head. Politicians are not to be trusted. Youve articulated what a lot of undecideds have said to me too there.

…that was just a wind up mate.

Can we be pro the choice to make a personal attack?

1 Like

52 weeks in the Year with 5 working days. €200 a pop with 16 procedures a day.
52x5x200x16= €832,000

Seeing as its my feelings and not a human that is hurt, this pro choice can be allowed

Anyone willing to work the bank holidays deserves to be well remunerated.

As opposed to complete disregard to life for unborn babies.

1 Like

Any opinion on ganleys evidence of the french student in nuig being illegally registered?

1 Like

I don’t particularly care what label you put on it mate. It’s a tough one. We have a kid with non verbal autism, who is always going to struggle in life and which severely impacts on the quality of family life. There was no test that could have established that before birth. It’s hard going, but neither of us would give him back or change things, even if forewarned. My wife is voting yes though. She believes it’s a personal decision that a woman (hopefully with the input of her partner) should make according to their own conscience and personal circumstances.

10 Likes

I agree with you and I reckon most voters who are not extremists for either side would be for this. Why the politicians refused to this and inflict this cesspit of a referendum on us, I don’t know? Its like they are deliberately doing it as a fuck you to the public, how dare you question us, it was the same with the Seanad Abolition debate, no reform just abolish or not.

As a rule I am against abortions but I can see the need for their to be a choice in certain situations. I also resent the likes of fools like @Cicero_Dandi and his elk calling people murderers, it is disgusting and just makes people want to do the opposite and not be associated with cunts like that.

Why don’t ye both stay at home if your votes are going to cancel the other out?

1 Like

Your wife sounds like an amazing woman … too many people are trying to inflict their own moral view point on people in this referendum. Women should be given the choice to make their own moral decisions - we have to trust them to do the right thing.

I looked up exactly how many pre-natal visits a pregnant woman should have.

If we take a 39 week pregnancy, that’s 14 pre-natal visits and then the birth itself in week 39.

Let’s say for argument’s sake that 3,200 Irish women currently travel and that 1,000 self-administer abortion in Ireland through pills.

That’s 4,200 abortions currently.

To take your example with 16 procedures per day and multiply that by 365, that’s 5,840.

5,840 minus 4,200 = 1,640.

Let’s suggest that those 1,640 extra abortions all take place in week 12 (even though the vast majority will take place earlier). That would mean that for each of those cases, there would be 10 fewer pre-natal visits.

That means a minimum of 16,400 fewer medical appointments a year.

Some fucking industry alright. The Irish medical profession are doing themselves out of a pile of work by supporting this.

2 Likes

If you have so much concern for babies, born or unborn, then man up and father a few. You might have to remove the cilice first, but it’s a small sacrifice.

Sure he doesn’t even vote ffs.

Cilice Daddi?

Irrelevant personal attacks, no connection to the referendum. Try argue a bit better guys.

I don’t take issue with anyone voting Yes for the right reasons. I’m sick and tired of the absolutists on both sides at this stage and the lack of political leadership in calling this referendum. I’ve largely tuned out for the last few weeks and avoided tv/radio debates and newspaper commentary on it.

1 Like

Maybe try some of this medicine yourself. The points you are making are not coherent.

If you cared about women’s welfare or rape victims you wouldn’t want them shunted on a Ryanair flight to terminate their crisis pregnancies.

This is what’s on the horizon, people getting bonuses to kill babies

1 Like