Abortion Referendum Thread

That green light is already there.

good lord

1 Like

If a woman wants an abortion at 6 months she can and will go to the UK.
A Yes means Oireland will abort its own oirish babies up to 3 months but you must go the the UK after that. Is that what the Yes crowd are promoting here, the exporting of abortions after 12 weeks?

I’ll be returning from an international business trip this evening LHR-DUB with the hoardes of emigrants forced from their homeland through economic necessity who are coming back to exercise their constitutional right to vote on a proposal to amend the constitution. I expect a somber mood on board and much reflection.

London has been good to these emigrants as they spend upwards of 700 English pounds to fly home.

It’s a fact.

Of course there’s going to be emotion involved - some of the women involved have been campaigning for 30/40 years That doesnt mean they are celebrating the act of abortion, you gowl. You’d rather a procession led by the clergy with a decade of the rosary?

Go away you fucking drama Queen you have become a caricature of yourself around here,the big lecturer spiel like clock work of course.

you do understand that people can be happy the 8th amendment is repealed and nothing to do with abortion or the introduction of abortion. The 8th being repealed will help far more women than the introduction of abortion will.

4 Likes

You’be been slagging off the yes campaign as dikes/ crusties / freaks from the beginning - trying to dehumanize women that seek abortions… It’s a very serious issue and deserves to be treated as such.

Social media really has given weirdos a voice

1 Like

Interestingly the individualism stops when it comes to financing those decisions.

1 Like

Not yet in this state.

The Yes side have comprehensively won the argument.

We need to grow the fuck up as a country and tell the flat earther nut jobs like Mullen, Steen and Ganley to fuck off once and for all.

Is that true? I think it’s a pretty shit argument tbh and always have. You can go to other places in the world for drugs too, that doesn’t mean a country should legalise it. That’s really that countries business.

@maroonandwhite, just to further your point that the only right the unborn has is because of the 8th in the constitution. how is this right enacted?

I mean, we are to believe that this is the only thing that gives the unborn the right to life, yet we also have in our constitution a specific right to kill that unborn (albeit abroad)? our constitution legislates for termination of the unborn, so what does the 8th actually do then in a practical sense? It says it gives a right to life, but yet we have another conflicting right that says you can go kill the unborn.

So in effect, it doesnt actually give it the right to life at all, other than cause issue for the person carrying the child, and mostly, to those who actually want the child. Those who want abortions go get them (if they can afford it), those that want babies are left to deal with issues that the 8th causes.

I respect you’ve already said you arent answering anymore on here either, just something to expand on from earlier discussions.

2 Likes

Does Ireland have a specific legislation and a referendum voted on stating that it is legal to go abroad and procure drugs?

This isnt about legalising something because it is abroad, this is about legalising something that is specifically in the constitution stating you can go abroad and legally get it in another country. If the 13th wasnt in place, your point would be 100% valid.

Imagine you had to explain that.

1 Like

I don’t really give a fuck about that tbh. Our Constitutional and legislation position on abortion had been a mess for decades, I’m not going to get bogged down in a discussion with a lay person ferociously googling Constitutional Law to avoid discussion over the merits of their argument.

What other juristrictions decide on abortion is up to them.

What are you advocating Tim?

there is no one googling anything Tim. Its pretty basic shit. The 8th amendment gives the unborn the right to life. The 13th amendment gives a woman the right to go for an abortion. Its basic stuff. What other countries do is their own prerogative. Our country has a specific legislation to go do it in other countries. It is a mess, there is no doubting that.