Abortion Referendum Thread

Was on about that tweeter i put up earlier. Lets abort this conversation.

1 Like

Did Mary Lou clip your wings?

I refrained from commenting on this thread for various reasons. My gut instinct would have been to vote yes, because every situation is different, and women deserve a choice over their bodies, however after thinking about the probability of abortion on demand, I was unsure. A friend, many years ago, took the morning after pill, and was assured it had worked, it didn’t. If termination had been available in Ireland, or if she had the finances to travel to the UK she would have done so, without any hesitation whatsoever. She ended up having a baby girl.

That girl, her daughter is now very excited, along with her partner, as she is expecting her first child. Furthermore, the girl is enjoying and excelling in her IT career, and has been headhunted extensively by major international corporations. I think I will vote no.

1 Like

Never heard about this until today.

I call bullshit. The morning after pill wasn’t legalized in Ireland until 2003. Wasn’t available without prescription until 2011. That kid could be 15 max.
Besides the referendum won’t affect the morning after pill. Do you think the MAP should be illegal?

We need a things that never happened thread.

On the other hand the thought that there’s an ultra-Catholic gp out there giving girls placebos for MAPs is pretty funny.

1 Like

Are you sure about that? I thought the morning after pill was available on prescription for at least 20/25 years no?

1 Like

It was available in the early 90s.

2 Likes

That’s pretty much what have already ffs.

1 Like

You are talking absolute hat, tank.

A friend of our family went in for their 3 month scan a few years back, something showed up and she was told by the consultant that the baby wouldn’t survive and she would be better off making arrangements to travel to England. She agonized over it and decided to hold tough, and a few weeks later she decided to go to another Consultant who did various scans and reported that while the baby was on the small side everything else seemed normal. When the time came she gave birth to a perfect healthy child.

All that said I would agree that something does need to be women who are diagnosed with a fatal fetal abnormality but unrestricted abortion up to 12 weeks seems to be akin to using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

3 Likes

According to this 2003. I wasn’t riding back then, I don’t know.
https://realproductivehealth.com/emergency-contraception-from-past-to-present/

Ye are both right. Morning after pill licensed in 2003 but previous practice was to prescribe two higher strength oral contraceptive pills to be taken as a single dose.

1 Like

Seems legit, as the millennials say.

7 Likes

I hope you commented “That never happened”

Would that really have been necessary?

Where did you copy and paste that shit from?

There’s not much talk about trans men in these parts, let alone pregnant trans men, let alone pregnant trans men travelling to england for abortions, let alone pregnant trans men travelling to england for abortions but wanting to have them in Ireland.
But if such phenomenal gobshites do exist it’s good to know liam (the precociously pc indoctrinated wee bastard) has their backs.

1 Like
1 Like