Abortion - Yay or Nay? Labane and Sid talk American politics, Codegreen ponders on the cost

Heard that same expert and it certainly changes things for me. It would have been the main reason for my pro life stance but the facts are if there is a 12 week rule then using Down Syndrome as a reason not to bring in change is wrong.

1 Like

You’re wrong. If the 12 week rule was to go out to 23 weeks then yes but not at 12 weeks.

But aborting a pregnancy out of life choice, no way. You chose to put yourself into this situation you live with the results

1 Like

The same guy made the point that we are just going to have to trust women… some lads on here wont like that, they want to control women, but the rest of us are mature enough to do so.

You sound like a nun from roscrea.

It’s going to be a great day.

Women truly are retarded bitches.

That was the 666th post on this thread pal :astonished:

I’ve joined the dark side.

the time limit will only be a line in the sand. it will mean very little. because you will have women arriving to doctors at 20/25 weeks + saying they are suicidal and that they need an abortion, and they will get it.

Michael Healy Rae on Drive Time there. Saying the silent majority who won’t be giving it big licks protesting or on twitter could see this referendum beaten.

Let’s hope he is right. Protect life - vote no.

5 Likes

Kill Women - Vote No ?

I see prominent repeal campaigner rhona in the news today trying to block an investigation into failures in her hospital.

What does contesting the order of an investigation into clinical practice have to do with a position on abortion?

Nothing generally, unless you’re the master of a maternity hospital.

They’re completely separate issues, did you even read the article?

But they’re not separate matters.

And besides what was told to the court today by holes at lawyers was in an ex parte basis. I.e. with a large pinch of salt.

They are separate. One has to do with a medical opinion on whether or not abortion should be available in the state.
The other is an affidavit as to the effect a s9 review by HIQA would have on the public confidence in her Hospital. The Hospital are seeking the judicial review on those grounds. It’s a perfectly reasonable position and has absolutely nothing to do with abortion.

It would make her life an awful lot easier in running her hospital if she didn’t have as many patients as clearly there’s issues at the moment. Very very interesting development, calls into question quite a few things.

1 Like

I presume Michael O’Leary is campaigning for a no vote? It’s worth at least 30k a year to Ryan Air and it’s probably keep Ryan Air in some airports.

He should be Minister for Health etc etc.