Abu Dhabi

What’s the difference between Dubai and Abu Dhabi.

The people in Dubai don’t like the Flintstones but the people in Abu Dhabi do.

10 Likes

It’s like living in Shannon except it’s 50 degrees and there’s no beer.

There’s plenty of booze there

He’s also paying back €30k to the credit union and constantly in over draft so paying interest on that too

That should be fired into his mortgage and pay if off at lower interest over a longer period.

Agreed if the bank would let him. They might be slow enough though if that’s his finances

If she got any sold job and bring in 400-500 a week done it for 5 years used the extra 150ba week to pay off the debt theyed have the credit union loan paid off .whats the house worth now ? Prices are high so he wont be miles out of pocket . And buy somewhere cheaper . Fuck this business of going over there .

He should go on his own and Mike should ride his bitch wife.

They wont save that much over there, theres fuck all to do except shop and the wife will spend it all. Overall he’d have a better life in Ireland. It makes little sense really.

I think they would be better off to stay at home and try and get the finances in order. It is a big disruption for the kids and also for a guy in his fifties. I can imagine your wan getting excited about the gross salary alright but they could be back in Ireland without a pot to piss in or a house to put it in, in a couple of years.

He should talk to MABS and go into counselling with the wife

5 years in Abu Dhabi with the wife or 7 years for manslaughter in Mountjoy ?

Friends of friends live there and love it

For skilled workers it’s an amazing life.

Others get treated like shit though

Could he send the wife over to work the 200k a year job and he stay at home with children.

Also the fact he went to @iron_mike for advice doesn’t bode well

9 Likes

Relatives of mine went in their early sixties. They were doing it for the financial benefit and thought it would be hardship but really enjoyed it and stayed on longer than expected. You’re not in a compound and if you get the right accommodation it can be fairly comfortable beside beach/with pool etc. It’s a grand standard of life (food, booze etc) if a bit soulless. Handy enough to come home a couple of times a year too.

I think the cost of accommodation has become ridiculous since then, and it’s got a lot hotter. I know someone out there who likes it a lot, but nobody seems to stay long long-term.

1 Like

5 years to sort out your finances living in a place with a pool sounds doable

The heat most be unbearable … regularly hitting near 50 or over in the hottest months

Ah it is doable. It’s a gilded cage I’d imagine.
It might work grand. It might end the marriage. Who t f knows?
I’d not be advising him one way or the other, other than to carefully do his sums

Why what would you advise him to do “vote green” and all his problems would be solved?