Acts of despicable stingyness thread

:joy:

Great thread this. I have numerous anecdotes to add here but haven’t thought of them all yet. They’ll come to me.

I have a buddy who moved abroad three months ago, to a different continent. He lived at home with his folks up to that. I had some business to tie up with him but he was away and asked could i ring him as it was handier than all the over and back we were doing by email.

No it’ll cost you money. And it will also cost me money to receive the call.
Have you no skype or anything like that and then it’s free.
No.
So you mean to say that you’re not making or receiving calls to home while you’re abroad there? You must have rang your poor mother in the last few months?
No i text the brother from time to time and he tells them i’m alright.

1 Like

:smile:

Yes… Another ‘friend’ of mine who stays in bed till midday when he was on the dole as that way he’d get away with 2 meals per day.

It’s always lads from rural and/or agricultural backgrounds too.

Lovely. I’m sure we all have little traits that others pick up on but the mindset and actions of tight bastards are gas when you are not directly affected by them…the mind boggles.

1 Like

The same fella i cited above claims to have never bought a bottle of water. I was with him one day and it was warm and we were on our way to a match as i recall. I says “I’m going to buy a bottle of water. Do you want one?” The insinuation was i’d buy him one but i suppose he thought i meant would he give me money and i’d get him one too. “No sure why would i buy water, there’s water in the tap at home.” He went on to admit he’s never bought water when i posed a few more questions.

I do cardio every night and do be absolutely drenched in sweat, I just put the t shirt on the radiator when I get home and use it a second night to save washing powder at the weekend

1 Like

I’ve often used the same gear twice…not after cardio mind, it would be stinking, but after a weights session, fuck yeah. Nothing better than being in ripped slightly ponging gear and glaring at the fun boys prance around in lycra like they are in a fashion show… I love nothing better than offending the nostrils of young wans in the gym who think they are also in a fashion show…best of gear and make-up on…wankers. Go hard or fuck off.

1 Like

Worked with a lad years ago that used to have three or four cups of tea a day. Nothing too unusual about that. First thing, 11am break, lunch time etc.

The only thing was he used to only use half a tea bag a time as using one tea bag every time “would be too much over the course of the year.”

How do you use half a tea bag, pal? As in dunk half it in, then flip it for the next cup?

Surely we all knew the stingy friend who’d never buy a box of fags, but would shout arse or butt before you could so much as light up. Cunts.

What the fuck are you on about??? The Tipp crowd…can be trusted to bring stingyness to new lows alright.

1 Like

He’d physically cut the tea bag in half, he had almost surgical precision. Would carefully put the unused half back in his stash and then use it for the next cup.

It was fascinating to watch him operate. Waste not, want now.

2 Likes

Tinfoil

I don’t drink tea, pal…but would the little granules or whatever the fuck, not go all over the cup?

I’m not explaining it to you. FFS

Lads waiting to suck on the end of your cigarette?? That’s the most depraved thing I’ve ever heard.

I know of an ex international Irish soccer player that used to patch holes in his golf glove. They’re around a fiver and would last six months.

Probably not as evident in Boarding Schools in Limerick, pal.

I’d know nothing about that, kid.

Great thread.

When we first moved to Dublin, five of us ended up getting a house together. There was probably just about enough plates and stuff for us to get by if everybody washed up after every meal, but given it was five lads straight out of college I thought it would be better to get some more so we could make use of the dishwasher. Argos had a decent basic set for €50, so I said if everyone pitched in a tenner then I’d get it. One of the lads is a real tight cunt (not I stress @cluaindiuic), and refused to chip in a fucking tenner to make everyone’s life easier. I got the stuff anyway, and on a point of principle I refused to let him use any of the new stuff or the dishwasher. Couple of weeks later, he caved and handed over a tenner to me. I was fucking delighted.

4 Likes