Advice on living in Dublin (ie. don't)

It is better be seething every day than fearful.

Some stellar advice there straight from a chinese fortune cookie :rolleyes:

Fortune favours the brave.

Handier over here though for Croke and Parnell Park, the Luas up to Heuston for going to Thurles, the airport for trips abroad and seeing those sexy black African girls and Asian whores down Parnell Street.

And getting gear, methadone, aids, hepatitis and robbed

Who mentioned Dun Laoghaire?

I was there today too. The place is looking great.

Pity about all the zombies walking around the place.

Great news Kev, Dublin is your only option really, the rest of the country in riddled with poverty.

FAO of @artfoley, what part of Dun Laoghaire are you living in. We should hook up for a coffee or brunch sometime.

Simple rule of thumb, if you can see the sea youre in a good part if dun laoghaire.

Most of the scum are from monkstown

Sure wasn’t I one of them meself today

[quote=“artfoley, post: 892067, member: 179”]Simple rule of thumb, if you can see the sea youre in a good part if dun laoghaire.

Most of the scum are from monkstown[/quote]
Ah here some of Monkstown is quite nice, its Monkstown Farm that’s the real shithole

Indeed. Grew up in monkstown. Grand part of the world. Farm’s a bit ropey but no major drama.

The farm is harmless enough. It obviously sticks out in comparison to the surrounding areas but is nothing compared to some of the horrible scumholes around the city

It’s not great to look at, although there’s a small corner shop just before the junction with Kill Avenue that stays open later than most and is an absolute godsend. The state of the speed bumps is a disgrace though, football sized holes in some.

Rent is expensive as fuck in anywhere worth renting these days, dublin is made up of five groups of people, scum, knob ends, foreigners, alright Dubliners and country people. Keep to areas populated by country people. Live somewhere drivable for work, I presume you’d be hitting cork regularly so no point living in malahide unless you work there. Live in Rathfarnham, dundrum maybe. Stepaside is a nice spot and out of the city which helps. Near the sea is too expensive, but if your used to perth rates maybe you won’t mind. Or if you want a serious dollop of blandness but convenience live in Lucan.

Kev, you gonna be living there long term or for a couple years?

In short?
Long term = Buy a place.
Short term = Kip on a mates couch.

@caoimhaoin will you answer the fucking questions and we’ll put you right?!

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 891953, member: 273”]We’re moving back at the end of the year, Sep time.

Any good places to rent/live these days? Good value etc.

Any general advice on living in Dublin?

Starting to look into it now.

Any help greatly appreciated and if it’s any use I might put a few bob behind the bar at the 51 for a few of ye.[/quote]

:clap: