Aer lingus: shower of cunts

[quote=“Rocko”]Are you sure it wasn’t the same flight?

Must have been a charter, they don’t have two flights like that. They’re not that thick.[/quote]

Two different flights. Unless the flight to Dublin was just laid on over Xmas. Was over half full. I was flying to Dublin and there were Irish people waiting for the half hour later flight to Shannon. We could have dropped them off on the way.

I am travelling to the states in a few weeks and have to go Shannon-Dublin-JFK…

Surely Dublin-Shannon-JFK??

nope…Will double check my emails bit am 99.999999999% sure it is shannon-dublin-jfk

Dep shannon 8.45am
arr dublin 9.30am

dep dublin 10.30am
arr new york/john f kennedy fri 5mar10 1.10pm
jfk -terminal 4 - terminal 4 international

[quote=“The Puke”]Dep shannon 8.45am
arr dublin 9.30am

dep dublin 10.30am
arr new york/john f kennedy fri 5mar10 1.10pm
jfk -terminal 4 - terminal 4 international[/quote]

Surely starting in Dublin would make more sense.

You would think that alright…

you want me to send a limo out for ye

:clap:

Massey, some fucking man for one man.

[quote=“KIB man”]Irish Ferries are a shower of ubercunts plus anyone I know who has ever done the London to Dublin by train and boat has horror stories to tell about it. Train delays, lots of connections, choppy crossing etc etc. In short take the plane.

Aer Lingus getting a bashing here but the most pleasant flight I took last year was from Boston to Dublin with them. Surprisingly decent food, very good choice of films, nice seats, plenty of space, tasty trolley dolleys. Very surprising that they had a flight to Dublin and a half hour later had one to Shannon. No wonder they are broke.[/quote]

Were you travelling last year or something KIB Man?

I’m still in shock anyone would queue for 5 & a 1/2 hours, thats fucking mental. The cheerleader would want to be waiting with her twin sister open legged for me to queue for 5 & a half hours.

[quote=“Rocko”]Have you ever noticed though that every solution involves getting the ferry?

Wouldn’t have been much use to the couple in the queue going to Thailand on their honeymoon.[/quote]

The Minister would get to Thailand on sail and rail. In fact he can get just about anywhere using this method. He told me his plan for getting to the States once through the use of ferries :smiley:

Not necessarily. If there’s not much demand for people to go from Shannon to JFK then it would make more sense to fly them up to Dublin and have a direct flight from Dublin to JFK.

I knw they are bad but I can only assume Aer Lingus management are more capable than me at running an airline so I’ll give them the benefit of doubt.

It’s a great dole

Drug mule.

[quote=“briantinnion”]Not necessarily. If there’s not much demand for people to go from Shannon to JFK then it would make more sense to fly them up to Dublin and have a direct flight from Dublin to JFK.

I knw they are bad but I can only assume Aer Lingus management are more capable than me at running an airline so I’ll give them the benefit of doubt.[/quote]

Indeed.

They changed plenty of flights to Shannon-Dublin-USA over the past while. And vice-versa on the way back. Makes more sense to have fewer passengers taking an hour longer than 80% of them stopping off for an hour they don’t need. The distance isn’t really a factor, it’s negligible over a transatlantic flight.

[quote=“Rocko”]Indeed.

They changed plenty of flights to Shannon-Dublin-USA over the past while. And vice-versa on the way back. Makes more sense to have fewer passengers taking an hour longer than 80% of them stopping off for an hour they don’t need. The distance isn’t really a factor, it’s negligible over a transatlantic flight.[/quote]

The only thing being you can clear customs in Shannon which would be a lot quicker than over there I’d say

No, for that one you have to board in Shannon, Fly to Dublin, Get off the plane, Do the customs thing, and then get back on the same plane.

They have been doing that for a long time. Also, On the way back you can land in Dublin, move to the front of the plane while they clean the back, then vice versa and then retake your original seat for the flight to Shannon.

[quote=“A2LUE42”]No, for that one you have to board in Shannon, Fly to Dublin, Get off the plane, Do the customs thing, and then get back on the same plane.

They have been doing that for a long time. Also, On the way back you can land in Dublin, move to the front of the plane while they clean the back, then vice versa and then retake your original seat for the flight to Shannon.[/quote]

No, Julio is talking about the new Customs pre-clearance they have installed at Shannon in the past few months. I think it’s the only airport in Europe that has it. It basically means that all direct flights from Shannon to US Airports are treated as domestic flights.

Art you really are a changed man.

Taking someone away for a weekend of pre-martial and standing in a que for 5’n half hours!

Give over, you’re foolin’ no one

She paid for the City Break and you couldn’t break ranks from the line 'cause all you had in your pocket was a single BFH.