AFL 2022

Cracking stuff

Come on Geelong

This is epic stuff

This is smashing stuff altogether. Lead swinging one way then the other and back again the other way.

Big grab by Tuohy to set up that mark which led to the latest lead goal for the Cats.

Level with two mins left. If Iā€™d to say or be shot Iā€™d say Geelong look the fresher.

Comedy goal by the Cats. They did their best to mess that one up but Collingwoodā€™s defence was so bad they couldnā€™t help but score.

This must be one of the greatest games of all time

That. Was. Class.

1 Like

Collingwood in the finals is always box office. Theyā€™ll be out again next week.

Iā€™ve not enjoyed a contest in any sport as much in a long time.

1 Like

Iā€™ll say it again but that grab by Tuohy on a 50/50 ball at 72-72 was pivotal. Proper old school centre half back play.

Might not even be the best game of this round of the finals series.

Some fuck up by the Richmond guy who missed a sitter to clinch it with two minutes left.

Sydney beat Melbourne as well. Thatā€™s a pretty big turn up?

Thats 3 classic finals games already. Brisbane beating Richmond, Swans beating Demons, 2 crackers yesterday and Thurs. And then today. Glad to see Geelong win, hope they win it out. For an ā€œolderā€ team, they finished that much stronger

Yeah Demons reigning champs at MCG in good form favoured to win. The defensive pressure by them was huge tho. And Franklin was totally shut down by Steven May too so not like they played to their absolute best. It was the likes of Papley and Parker who really stood up.

The Tigers elimination was controversial with that Tom Lynch miss. Umpire called a goal but the check seemed inconclusive

I can see the final being a repeat between the Swans and the Demons.

I still donā€™t trust Geelong in finals, not since they last won it 11 years ago anyway.

Youā€™d expect Melbourne to beat Brisbane at the MCG and advance to play Geelong in the preliminary final. Think Iā€™d fancy Melbourne to win that.

Collingwood should knock off Freo or Footscray in the quarter-final and while theyā€™d be in with a good puncherā€™s chance going to the SCG in a preliminary final Sydney are very tough to beat there in finals.

Yeah expect a Dees/Cats prelim and that was what i expected the grand final to be. Very hard one to call. As you say, trust is gone with Geelong but they are playing very differently this year. Having the week break is a big help.

Collingwood is the tough part of Melbourne?

They have a massive support any time I throw it on.

They have the most members of any Australian sports team I believe

Footscray are the real tough working class team, Collingwood only cosplay at it.

Iā€™d rank the Melbourne clubs as follows in terms of supporters and general BIG CLUBness:

1 Collingwood
2 Carlton
3 Essendon
4 Richmond
5 Hawthorn
6 Footscray
7 St. Kilda
8 North Melbourne
9 Melbourne

1 Like

Did you live in Melbourne?